Trotzkind is a Berlin based content and technology studio for immersive media like VR, AR, 360° video, games, films and interactive installations.
In May 2017 Trotzkind developed HUXLEY – a location based Multiuser VR game produced by EXIT VR, where you meet a cool Al and save the world in 44 minutes. HUXLEY is one of the first VR Escape Rooms worldwide. In addition to many other nominations, HUXLEY won the German Computer Game Award 2018 for Best Innovation.
For our upcoming VR game, we are looking for a Game Developer Lead (m/f/d). The game will combine the immersion and immediacy of VR-Gaming with the multiperspectival approach of Public History to create a narrative-driven VR Adventure.
- You will be responsible for programming the game loop and additional modules
- You will be responsible for creating the game’s architecture, making it expandable for future features.
- You will work together with the creative director and other departments to realize the project’s creative vision
- As the heart of the party, you will define the game’s technical foundations
- You graduated in computer science, game development or a comparable course
- You are a master of game engines (Unreal) and you write clean and well structured code
- You are a problem solver and trouble-shooter
- You are a team player and you are curious to learn
*Some of your bonus skills: *(Nice to have but not mandatory)
- You have experience with character creation and motion capturing (Reallusion, Xsense or other)
- You have experience with VR and its specific demands as related to game development
- You have an interest in historical topics
- You will work on an innovative new VR game with historical background and an adventure story
- You will have great creative freedom and the opportunity to try out new technologies and pipelines
- You will work together with other game and VR nerds in Berlin with a big collection of board games at the office
If you want to accept the quest send us your application including CV, references, portfolio and availability to [EMAIL=“firstname.lastname@example.org”]email@example.com.