Game crashes when I add PlayerStart.

The game was working perfectly. Then I elevated the room to add something under the room, then I got a bad size on the player-start. so I changed the size of the First-person character and player-start to get rid of the bad size.

The game began to crash. so I changed everything, even the First-person character back to the way it was and the game still crashed.

I know it’s either something with the player-start or the first-person character because when I delete the player-start the game starts up but obviously can’t walk around.

I’ve seen the same error code on the forums before but none circulating around Player-start:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000000002d0

UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
kernel32
ntdll

Here are some screenshots of my Player-start and the First-person character.

Thank you

To test it, delete player starts, see if game crashes without them.

Also do backup of your project now.

If it stop crashing without player start it is Player Start that crashes, if not you should check:

• game mode
  • player pawn
  • player controller
    That is if you have one of them custom (inherited from default class and added to project your bp instead.

If this does not help. You need to make either break points, and see step by step where it crashes, or add print to log and write which blueprint started. One that was last to report it started is probably cause of crashes.

Thank you, I believe it was the playercharacter not being selected as pawn that was making it crash. that or something within my blueprint but I went back on both and it fixed it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.