Game Crashes on launch

after i packaged and ran the game this error popd out, any ideas?

LoginId:ccd949f543653e3dce4e33b574ca7367
EpicAccountId:

Fatal error: [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.15+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\GlobalShader.cpp] [Line: 353]
Missing global shader FPixelShaderDeclaration, Please make sure cooking was successful.

UE4Game!FDebug::AssertFailed()
UE4Game!VerifyGlobalShaders()
UE4Game!GetGlobalShaderMap()
UE4Game!FEngineLoop::PreInit()
UE4Game!GuardedMain()
UE4Game!GuardedMainWrapper()
UE4Game!WinMain()
UE4Game!__scrt_common_main_seh()
kernel32
ntdll

What happens when you just cook the game, File → cook content for windows,

This should just cook instead of package and shows you all the warnings/errors that need to be addressed. I keep the value at 0 warnings throughout my game making process and address them quickly before adding more content.

it Cooked without an error.

Okay, first things first, back up your project folder, do this regularly so that if anything corrupts you have a backup. after that remove only the “saved” and “Intermediate” folder inside your project folder and reload the game. These folders are remade and initialized again. try packaging your game again and running.

Nothing Changed :confused:

in your place i would try to clone this project into sepperate dir and delete all the levels, then creating a default awful level without any lighting and meshes, cooking and looking if the error occurs.
it would narrow the causes lookup

Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-43383) found the bug but not the solution…

reply to:

Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-43383)
found the bug but not the solution…

great! if a plugin messes up your build, it means u can create an empty project, and migrate all your assets from the previous to the new.
this will clean up all the junk the VR plugin left :slight_smile:

dont use 360,and reinstall VS