Game crash after packaging

Hi, I’ve updated my project from 5.0 to 5.1 and now the game always crashes on startup after packaging:

Assertion failed: GPackageResourceManager [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\PackageResourceManager.cpp] [Line: 24]

Everything works fine when running in editor. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

1 Like

Hey Pete. I’m getting the same error when trying launch mine. Did you ever figure this out? It started for me after updating to 5.1 as well.

In your build file make sure you have “CoreUObject” it’s the module for
IPackageResourceManager
example:

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore" });

I would create a fresh project in 5.1 and compare the uproject and build files.
After some comparisons seems the uproject file has changed since 5.0.3

add CoreUObject to AdditionalDependencies

{
	"FileVersion": 3,
	"EngineAssociation": "5.1",
	"Category": "",
	"Description": "",
	"Modules": [
		{
			"Name": "YourProjectName",
			"Type": "Runtime",
			"LoadingPhase": "Default",
			"AdditionalDependencies": [
				"CoreUObject",
				"ControlRig",
				"Engine"
			]
		}
	],
/// rest of file

Hi 3dRaven, thanks for the support.

Just so I know what you’re saying, you’re saying I should open up the .uproject file and then add in that “Modules” section, correct?

I went ahead and did that, and the next time I tried to launch it I got an error about missing modules.
It asked me if I wanted to rebuild them now, and when I chose yes another error showed up that that it could not be compiled and to “Try rebuilding from source manually.”

Maybe I’m mistaken by something though?

You also have to make sure “CoreUObject” it’s in the build file

I’ll be honest, I don’t know what you mean by that.

Yes, I did although I don’t remember exactly how. I vaguely remember that the engine was trying to load something on startup which used the resource manager before it was properly initialized. Had to dig into the code and guess from the call stack what was going on. After removing that thing the engine tried to load, everything was fixed.