[GAME] Bruma - Open world - Airship flight simulator

Hello every one!

This is my first project with Unreal Engine, and despite it’s so green I would like to share with you the progress made so far.

Bruma (Mist) pretends to be a flight simulator where you will have to survive, build and pilot from Hot air balloons and gliders to airships in order to survive and fly above Bruma.

The game will take place in a dystopic world, during the industrial revolution, where the pollution, and hence the climate change generated by it, has evaporated 90% of the world’s water in form of mist. All with a steampunk/industrial revolution technology and aesthetics.

I did my first video on youtube, hope you enjoy it! :slight_smile:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xX18jYUonrk

Any feedback on the game concept will be so helpful.

Cheers!

Hi everyone!

I’ve been working on cloth simulation for the hot air balloons and the future zeppelin. Also, I added “wind tube” system trying to represent the wind mechanics.
Here I leave you the first successful take-off and landing made so far!

Fly safe!

-Roger

Hi everyone,

I have been working with several things from the last time:

Finished a basic wind physics system which interacts with the airship profile, balloons, keels, and motors/propellers

Enabled a basic inventory and a building/snaping system for the airship construction, it’s quite funny but a little bit tricky right now >.<

Also, since my video editing skills are horrible and I don’t want to spend time since I prefer to focus on the game itself I made an Instagram account, which I update regularly with images and simple videos.

@bruma_game

https://www.instagram.com/bruma_game/

If you check it out, please tell me if you like it or if you have any suggestions, will be much appreciated!

Right now I’m looking for a place to upload photos to be able to share it here in the forum, I hope I can show you some soon.

Fly safe!

• Roger

New video on youtube, showing the Airship construction system, learning the basics of characters and the first trip with a self-made Zeppelin!

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

Fly safe!

• Roger

Hi every one!

In this video, I’m testing some interactive objects that use physics like the anchor, rope ladders and door bays. The anchor seems pretty useful when it comes to doing soft landings! Since once it touches the land the airship loses load and prevents from fast landings.

As a side note, I finally managed to do some video editing and there’s a very tiny intro. Hope you like it!

If you want to check the work I’m doing and also the workflow I have when it comes to doing design objects I made an Instagram account, with weekly updates, screenshots and sketches: @bruma_game

Fly safe and happy landings!

Hi everyone, after a year of developing I made a video doing some recap!

Bruma #06 Base / Airship builging system + Flight test

Basically, I show the building and piloting system of an airship. I added timestamps for easy views, Hope you like it! If you have any questions about how something has been developed just let me know. Cheers!