[GAME] Blight - aRPG Passion Project

Hi Everyone,

I’m currently attempting my first game and would like to share it to the community to get some feedback on it. I have no professional experience in anything gaming related but loved playing and analyzing games since I was young. Here’s some of the details:

Game Summary
Blight is a single player boss-rushing action RPG which revolves around fighting instanced monsters/bosses that feel very overwhelming (I guess masocore?) to reach an end game destination. Each monster/boss drops loot which can be turned in/traded for a reward which helps boost your character’s abilities. The progression will focus around the upgrading the player’s abilities through leveling/gear rather than increasing base stats.

Theme/Setting
The world is being slowly taken over by an overwhelming, dark and evil entity. In a search for greater meaning/purpose, a group of mercenaries from a small village venture together to reach the only remaining prosperous city. Unfortunately for them, the epicenter of the evil is right in between them and the city which no local villager has ever attempted to pass through.

Inspirations
Vindictus, Impossible Bosses (Warcraft 3 and SC2 mod), Black Desert Online, and Dark Souls.

Currently Working On

• Level structure and how the player navigates the world, as of right now it will be zoned.
  • Finishing up the first character… the video shows one weapon set being used with only a block and dash attack available.
  • Figuring out how to make my own detailed assets.

Struggles

• I have no experience in textures,animations,modeling, etc… Any suggested learning resources or tutorials would be much appreciated.
  • Code efficiency, alot of the things in the code can be significantly truncated using more advanced nodes, structs, data tables (slowly learning).

Like the title says, this is a passion project/hobby right now, but I’d like to see this through to the end and be able to share it to the public once it’s finished.

You can contact me here or through [EMAIL=“”]

Updates

Update 1/30/18:

• Updated warrior model with a higher quality model
  • Town hub system has been added
  • AI deer that run away when you get too close
  • HUD has been updated

Update 2/26/18:

• Sword & Shield class for warrior completed
  • First and second boss first pass completed
  • Levels are roughly completed, enough for combat/gameplay

Media

Level Showcase 2/26/18

Town Hub 1/30/18

Been away from my main computer so I made some particles for the game! What common game particles am I missing?

Update 1/30/18:

• Updated warrior model with a higher quality model
  • Town hub system has been added
  • AI deer that run away when you get too close
  • HUD has been updated

Next Steps:

• Fully integrate my combat demo to this revision
  • Add in first ‘zone’ and boss
  • Finish up warrior skills
  • Make a world map relevant to the game

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Update 2/26/18:

• Sword & Shield class for warrior completed
  • First and second boss first pass completed
  • Levels are roughly completed, enough for combat/gameplay

Next Steps:

• Hoping to create a combat teaser, hesitant since I don’t want to show too much
  • Refine first and second character
  • Create third boss
  • Finish warrior’s second weapon class