Galaxy Heist - Online FPS with Ship Battles in Space

Nice job keep it up.

1. It’s just a blueprint that consists of the breakable glass static mesh and a radial force actor. When you shoot the class its breaks and its been set to not be affected by gravity. Then it triggers the radial force actor which throws players out the window and pushes the glass out into space. The BP also triggers a setting to muffle all the sound heard in the map, for added effect.

On top of that we have a tracer in C++ thats always firing down to detect when the player is standing over the ship and when they’re not. If they’re not, i.e. they’ve been thrown into space, then the players gravity is turned off and they float.

1. What do you mean? Like during combat? or just how did we make a map that had an exterior and interior? The interior FPS map has it’s own version of the exterior which is the original ship model, but slightly tweaked to fit around the interior of the ship. In space combat you’re flying a slightly different and more detailed model of the ship. The two worlds are brought together with a server travel during gameplay.

Thanks for the feedback! The level was designed to give the feeling that players had to work to get up to the top deck. Also the final set of doors to get in can be locked/hacked. Or you can blow out the side windows and then try and get into to the command deck from the outside, assuming you have another charge remaining from the vacuum cannon gun.

Thanks!

I gotta’ say I’ve been hired by these guys to do some weapons and ships for them and is genuinely one of the nicest, most committed guys I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with. I’m really excited to be a part of Galaxy Heist and privileged that chose me to help contribute to it. This thing is going to be amazing!

Thanks man that means a lot!

In case anyone is curious and for the sake of posting another update on the game. Here is what Mr. Cheapmodeler is working on at the moment. Another look for the drone ship:

Heres how the second textured drone ship turned out in the end.

Hey Just thought I would cross post this for you guys since you are making a space game :smiley:

Really like what you guys are doing cannot wait to see the end result :slight_smile:

Thanks for that! Some really cool stuff coming out for space environments

Added video:

Rama has programmed some AI combat with our drone ships so I jumped in and tried to see how many I could take on at once :slight_smile:

View of space from one of the turrets

Heres our screenshot Saturday update. Made a new map for space battles:

New Gameplay!

Looking awesome!!

Games looking great!

dat little brother of star citizen :,D And yes its really like star citizen! So nice ;3

Thanks guys!

I’m not sure I would put us in the same league as a game of that size/funding but I’ll take the compliment :slight_smile:

Wow, amazing :D. My team is also small ( 4 people ) and we are working on our own game too :). Where did you get the textures used in the game? You made it or downloaded? Thanks :).

Boarding the ship with Tesla Dev and Rama. A shot from our upcoming kickstarter!

Flying into battle!

Woops, fixed now?

Happy screen shot Saturday, only a couple days until the kickstarter :wink: