Im trying to call a custom function I put together and it should return an array of Actors, but on the call node the output pin doesnt appear. If i change the output variable to simply return a single actor instead of being an array it appears, but any type of array it will not appear.
Everything compiles perfect with no errors, am i missing something or is this a bug??
Edit: I just realised you wanted a different screenshot of the function layout itself. The function is quite large and i cant get a proper screenshot showing good enough detail to get it all, it is included in the project i packaged linked above. The blueprint function is located in this directory: Game/Raw/Maps/Gametypes/GameType_DeathMatch::GetSpawnPointDeathMatch()
There is nothing wrong with how you have your blueprint function setup. I don’t have a reason for why it isn’t showing the return node but I found a workaround that will repair it. It takes a few minutes but recreating the function from scratch will work.
Since I couldn’t reproduce this issue outside of your project, I believe it is just an odd one-off error. But if you see this happen again please post back to let us know and we will continue investigating.
I am having the exact same problem. My function is large as well. I have already posted the issue and came across this post. The weird thing is I am following a digital tutor tutorial verbatim and am getting this unpredictable result only when dragging the compiled function into another function as per the video.
If so, try updating if that is an option. I havent come across this issue since using the newer versions of the engine.
If updating isnt an problem, the only solution i found to work was to rebuild the function from scratch. You could at least try and copy and paste all nodes into a brand new function signature and see if that works.
Also, try refreshing all nodes, or at least the function call node, if you had changed some Input/Output variables it may just need a refresh.