Game Programmer in PortalOne.
You will be a client side game developer working in a small powerful team, developing all aspects from prototyping to maintaining and updating the game after launch.
- [COLOR=#000000]Primarily you will develop using Unreal Engine with blueprints and C++, but also other tools as you find the need[/COLOR]
- Write efficient, clear and well documented code
- Owning and delivering gameplay features and tech solutions
- Assisting in sprint planning and roadmaps with insights and technical advice
- Helping other colleagues and work together to solve technical challenges and achieve the best result
PortalOne [FONT=Slack-Lato]develops mobile-first “hybrid games” that combine games and live shows to give users a more engaging game experience, with stunning visuals and interactivity. This convergence of entertainment forms means that our workforce is a mix of people from diverse industries, all working as a single team to create new workflows and pipelines to support production and delivery of next-generation gaming entertainment. Our founders and colleagues have pioneered #1 hits in the gaming, film and TV industries around the world. We have a culture of embracing challenge and breaking through barriers to bring great entertainment to life
Bård-Anders Kasin (Founder)
Stig Olav Kasin (Founder)
Games Team (design, back end, UI, etc.)
- A passion for making games and shipping code at a rapid pace
- Ability to design and build mobile user interfaces
- Understanding of networking, client-server and game servers
- Ability to reliably estimate units of work at project, feature, and task levels
- Ability to work independently in an agile team
- Seeking a team-centric environment with supportive colleagues
- An accomplished professional with a true passion for what you do
- Experienced, but committed to learning, growing and moving beyond limitations
- An excellent listener who treats others with respect, but does not hesitate to speak out and question
- Burning desire to work on a project that is truly unique in the industry, with the potential to shape its own genre
- Extensive experience in C++ and UE4’s blueprint system
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Unreal Engine
- Preferably 4 years experience working in the game industry
- Experience working with an Unreal mobile game
Bonus if you also have experience working with an Unreal VR game.
If your background does not match the requirements we have listed in some way, yet you believe you are a strong candidate for the position, please apply! Explain in your cover letter why this is the role for you. We carefully review every application we receive.
WORKING AT PORTALONE OFFERS YOU
- 25 paid vacation days per year, plus public holidays
- 35 weeks of paid maternity and 10 weeks of paid paternity leave
- Pension program
- Healthcare insurance
- Paid mobile phone subscription
- Free daily lunch
In addition to the professional growth opportunities and general benefits, joining the PortalOne team also offers some nice lifestyle perks. Our offices are located in the heart of downtown Oslo, just a few minutes walk from the waterfront and the central train station, granting easy access to all transportation. We are residents of the MESH https://meshnorway.com/ co-working space, so we are part of Scandinavia’s most vibrant community of innovative companies. You get arcade machines, ping pong, networking, social activities and a creative atmosphere all in one package. You will also enjoy free daily lunches prepared by the Italian chef in the MESH cafe as part of your employment package. Oslo itself offers the opportunity to easily combine an urban lifestyle with outdoor pursuits. The full range of European clubs, coffee bars and culture comes with the city, but with the added benefit of numerous summer and winter sporting activities just a subway ride away. Living in Norway also means easy access to travel throughout the Nordic region and beyond.