About Alchemy and Atlantic Productions:
Alchemy creates world class immersive stories, recognised by the first ever BAFTA awarded to a VR film. Our mission is to create compelling immersive experiences like no one else, through a combination of unique storytelling and technical innovation. We have produced a range of award-winning immersive experiences with David Attenborough, Judi Dench and astronaut Tim Peake that have been seen globally. Alchemy operates alongside Atlantic Productions (the award-winning TV, 3D and IMAX productionhouse) and Zoo (critically acclaimed VFX and CG studio). We are now looking to expand our real-time offering for VR and HMD based AR experiences: this exciting lead role is an opportunity for you to build a team and design a pipeline and technology stack around it.
**What we are looking for: **
As our senior real-time developer, you will be well established in the field having working over a number of digital platforms in a variety of creative mediums, including AR, VR and AI. You’ll be excited by our content and our focus on factual content including productions about space, the oceans, natural history, exploration and even XR based creative approaches to medical treatments.
You’ll have a deep understanding of all stages of digital development as well as an understanding of each part the developer plays and how it contributes to the end-product. You should thrive on new challenges and would never be intimidated by something unfamiliar. You are passionate about your work and gain genuine enjoyment from seeing projects through, from start to finish.
You’ll be ready to manage a team of developers and will be expected to encourage creativity and efficiency throughout complex and ambitious digital projects. Due to the pressurised nature of the role, you will have a robust and organised approach to your work as well as a great team attitude. You’ll be able to work alongside producers, creatives and CG teams, with an ability to communicate technical points and workflows in a clear manor.
You will be a self-starter, problem solver and creative thinker able to adapt to current workflows and best practices, as well as developing new ways of working where there is a requirement. You will be able to manage your own workflow and development teams with clean code bases and use of Git.
Ideally you will come from a game development background with +4 years previous experience in coding game engines or similar. You will have a very good understanding of the C# language and Object orientated development in general. You’ll be comfortable taking the reins with industry partnerships, Magic Leap and Facebook to name a few, as well as activating your own network when applicable.
Previous experience in creating VR and/or AR experiences across platforms for PC, iOS and Android is a must have.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of C# development, especially good knowledge of VR and AR.
- Experience of the full development life cycle from design through to shipping
- Excellent knowledge of Unity, Unreal and C#.
- Experience of developing and shipping software using Unity/Unreal.
- Utilising Unity/Unreal engine and the relevant programming languages to create gameplay mechanics, interactive elements and systems for real-time projects.
- Assisting Senior Producers and Creatives and in quantifying workload in order to accurately plan development and sprints on given productions.
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership of a feature or task but also comfortable managing people and their time.
- A passion for interactive experience design and development, especially within our content specialisms (factual, scientific, natural history etc.)
- Performing R&D in order to explore gaming and interactive concepts for AR, VR, MR and potentially full dome planetarium environments and interactive exhibitions.
- Ability to work as part of a wider non-dev based production team and take initiative.
- Extensive knowledge of Git relating to version control architectures for backing up, pushing and pulling work.
- Experience leading teams in front and back end developers during development.
- Experience writing and debugging multi-threaded code
- Experience in a continuous delivery environment, working on a live product.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- A constant desire to learn and stay up to date with the latest advances in technology within our industry, including VR hardware and software and advances in rendering and 3D development.
Good to have:
- Published titles with Oculus, Steam or PlayStation VR.
- Knowledge and experience with AI enhanced projects featuring WrnchAI and OpenPose.
- Experience working with photogrammetry and videogrammetry assets within real-time.
- Demonstratable multiplayer development experience utilising local networks.
- Familiarity with modern GPU architectures, and recent graphics techniques.
- Experience with real-time graphics.
- Experience with shader development.
- Demonstrable project management skills.
- UI programming experience.
- Experience of writing editors and tools for use by end-users.
**Company Life: **
With unparalleled access to amazing stories and with incredible productions upcoming, including one featuring Steven Hawking, it is a great time to join Alchemy. Based in Hammersmith our studio is a exciting and bustling place to work, combing the best from TV, VFX and XR into one team. We like to spend time together as a wider team, hosting bi-weekly socials where we catch up on each other’s work as well as a monthly party hosted externally.
**To apply, please visit the LinkedIn job posting here: **https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/1201103849