Hammerhead VR are currently looking for a Lead Animator to work full time in house at our Newcastle studio to help enhance our VR games and projects.
- Create stunning, high quality animations, that fit in with Hammerhead’s hyper-realistic style, for both bipedal and quadrupedal characters
- Create complex rigs that will be skinned to characters, suitable to be used in game engines
- Lead our animation team, delegating tasks and constantly working on improving our animation pipeline
- Imparting other members of the animation team with new skills, to help them improve their skillset and reach a higher standard
- Lead motion capture sessions, making sure we get the highest quality data and then assist in cleaning up the data
- Work seamlessly across multiple projects
- University degree in animation or a relevant subject, or have the equivalent industry experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Maya and 3DSMax.
- Experience with motion capture shoots and the pipeline from raw data to being polished.
- Be team-oriented and a natural leader.
- Have a high quality showreel, showcasing walk cycles, creature animation as well as prop animation.
- Experience with game engines, in particular, Unreal Engine 4 and animation blueprints.
- Ability to code in MEL or Maxscript.
- Familiarity with virtual reality and VR headsets.
- Passion for video games, films and other creative mediums.
All applications, including a CV (in .pdf format!) and showreel should be sent to email@example.com