Full Body IK with IKinema. Demos And Examples.

Stretch IK

We have a new feature to demo this week, that has been added to RunTime and RunTime Indie - Stretch IK. As the name implies, it allows your characters bones to stretch to meet their IK demands.

We put together a new demo found here:

The set up in the above demo includes a standard look at task which causes the frog to track the fly and then a position task on the tongue.

The fly’s motion and the trigger for the frogs attack are randomly generated during runtime to emphasise the procedural nature of the IK solve.
Each loop is different from the last but our frog buddy will hit the target each time.

The set up is straight forward, just enable stretch on the bones of your choosing and decide along which axis said bone can stretch.

As always, if you have any questions just shout.

Hi all,

It’s been a while since the last behaviour demo but with ARKit making it’s way to unreal with 4.17 we have been experimenting with interactive AR using RunTime.

Here is the latest video: - YouTube

It’s a combination of look-at on the head and chest of our character as well as some logic to govern when to transition into a turning animation.

Hi Guys,

We have a new tutorial up for IKINEMA RunTime covering best practices for setting up an IKINEMA RunTime rig
Check it out:

As always any suggestions and comments are always welcome.

Hi Guys,

We have a new tutorial up for IKINEMA RunTime covering the rig parameters and how to get the best results for your projects using them.
Check it out: https://youtu.be/sQpepNC5nIw

As always any suggestions and comments are always welcome.

I notice that the Ikinema Web Site is closed, there is one email where no one is replying.
Now i want to know one thing, I’m an indie Developer and i’m using Ikinema VR License. The ikinema Plugin is the Core of my locomotion system and I’m wandering if i will be able to use it in the future.

They sold the company to Apple and Apple don’t care about you.

Ok they sold to apple, but since i payed my licence, am i able to continue to use it?

I managed to get a response from their support email and all they said was this with no clarification and no further response when I asked for more details about whether I was still able to us it in my current project:

The whole “your license has expired” implies I’m no longer allowed to use it despite paying for a license.

Is it legal? I think I’m gonna consult a layer for it. It is not possible to work for three years on a project and now all they reply is just this sentences.

2 Likes

maybe I can help you ,lets your license recovery and live again,chenlilimaster@gmail.com