FString 2D Array not working between class calls

Hi All,

I try to make a simple TicTacToe Game and have a Board in my Constructor from an TicTacToeActor and set all fields to “_” for empty:

345806-boardinactor.png

Later in the script I call the method MiniMax from the AI.h and the FString Array is called like this:

Here is part of the Code from the TicTacToeActor with the method call:

if (CheckIfFieldIsEmpty(choiceX, choiceY)) //if (!GetIsGameFinished() && CheckIfFieldIsEmpty(choiceX, choiceY))   GetIsGameFinished is not working!!!
	{
		bIsPlayerTurn = 1;
		FieldIsClickedChangeColor(ActorReference);
		HashBoard[choiceX][choiceY] = playerX;
		bIsPlayerTurn = 0;
		MinimaxAI minimaxAI = MinimaxAI();
		int32 choiceCpuX = -1;
		int32 choiceCpuY = -1;
		minimaxAI.FindBestMove(HashBoard, choiceCpuX, choiceCpuY);
		HashBoard[choiceCpuX][choiceCpuY] = playerO;

Initalization in header:

private:
	bool isGameFinished;
	bool waitForTurn;
	bool isPlayerTurn;
	FString hashBoard[3][3];

This is the called method in the AI:

void MinimaxAI::FindBestMove(FString Board[3][3], int32 &choiceX, int32 &choiceY)
{
	int32 bestValue = -1000;
	int32 row = -1;
	int32 col = -1;

for (int i = 0; i < 3; i++)
	{
		for (int j = 0; j < 3; j++)
		{
			if (Board[i][j] == empty)
			{
				Board[i][j] = playerX;
				int MoveValue = MiniMax(Board, 0, false);
				Board[i][j] == empty;

if (MoveValue > bestValue)
				{
					row = i;
					col = j;
					bestValue = MoveValue;
				}

}
		}
	}
	choiceX = row;
	choiceY = col;
}

And maybe one more question: I could not debug with VisualStudio (because I’m a super beginner and started 4 weeks ago with VS and Unreal) and so I started to read the documentation and built the engine from source. After I switched the build I tried to rebuild and always get a missing module error. I googled long times but still dont get it. In VS I can start a new instance with Debug Editor and see variables etc. But I would like to get the Editor open without building every time again (for example with Attach To Process).
In my Logfile I get the following error (only a part of the logfile because I couldn’t upload it):

LogXGEController: Cleaning working directory: C:/Users/tommy/AppData/Local/Temp/UnrealXGEWorkingDir/ LogInit: Warning: Incompatible or missing module: TicTacToe Running E:/UnrealEngineSource/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe Development Win64
-Project=“E:/UnrealEngine/TicTacToe/TicTacToe.uproject”
-TargetType=Editor -Progress -NoEngineChanges -NoHotReloadFromIDE Creating makefile for TicTacToeEditor (no existing makefile) @progress push 5% @progress pop ERROR: Building would modify the following engine files:

E:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Binaries\Win64\Android\UE4Editor.modules
   E:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Binaries\Win64\IOS\UE4Editor.modules
   E:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Binaries\Win64\Lumin\UE4Editor.modules
   E:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe

Thanks and sorry for the long question!

Best regards, Tommy