FSR overwriting DLSS i want both plugins available

So im not exactly a pro with all this, im still new and learning a lot,
i have a project i am working on and have a fair bit built and saw a performance drop for now,
i plan to look into optimisation but figured for now i would use DLSS to help boost performance,
well that had me thinking i should also add FSR,
not everyone is gonna have a RTX card so why not, well thats the problem, no matter what i do, what order i do it in, whether its installed to the engine or a plugins folder in the project.
FSR is always overwriting DLSS. I can see DLSS is still enabled in the plugins tab, but cant see its settings anywhere so it appears to have vanished.
I feel like i could just be missing something but i cant for the life of me figure out what, any help is seriously appreciated.

I am having the same issue but DLSS is blocking FSR for me. I can use DLSS or FSR if I disable the other plugin, but when they are both enabled only DLSS works and FSR stops doing anything.
I get the behavior in standalone and packaged builds as well. My guess is that I need to push a command to “disable” one or the other when switching between DLSS and FSR, but I can’t find anything in the documentation for either.
I’ll post again if I figure this out, let me know if you find a solution!

I found a solution! Setting the mode for DLSS or FSR is not enough, you have to manually disable/enable them when switching between them. The commands you want to use are r.FidelityFX.FSR2.Enabled 1 and r.NGX.DLSS.Enable 1.
Watch your order of operations when doing this, as trying to enable both or change settings when another is on can cause crashes. I made a function to only allow one upscaler to be enabled at a time whenever the settings are changed or loaded.

In this example the integer input is from a UI list where 0 is off and each index is the upscaler mode.

3 Likes

Is there a way to use both dlss and fsr at the same time