Freeze on blueprint compile

After I add a new variable to a blueprint and try to compile the editor freezes and chews memory. At this moment I have it currently frozen to see if I could wait it out, though that has never worked before, and I am now at 3.5GB of ram (from 850MB) being using and its still rising.

Had this issue in 4.13 so I updated to 4.14 and still having it. Ive rebuild the project from scratch multiple times now, though the scripting is basicly the same.

The project uses third person template as a base. All im doing is clearing out the third person character blueprint. When I first start itll compile no issues but everytime after I get done up to this point when I goto add a new variable itll freeze the next time I compile. Ive found that if I save and try to compile itll freeze but next time I start editor the blueprint will have been compiled and the new var is there just fine.

I have a demonstration video I did using 4.13.

,I’m having this same exact issue with 4.12. Huge waste of time having the editor crash on every variable creation.

I have this exact same issue on UE 5.2, exactly the same as the video, any help or solutions found?