Freeze at the end of reconstruction realitycapture version 1.4

I was on version 1.3 without bugs (at less not too much). But, since the new 1.4 version, there are a lot of freezes especially at the end of the reconstruction. For example, for my current project, the program runs normally and generates the parts. When you reach 99% or a little less, the program seems to be crashed. If I try to pause, the program records but nothing happens. The only solution is to start all over again and hope it doesn’t crash again.

Hi, did you try processing some projects that you have already done in 1.3? It is common for RC to slow down at certain points in processing, try making a console view to see what is happening when it is paused.

Thank you for your answer, Wallace.

Yes, but pausing since 10 hours or plus, it is not a pause anymore :slight_smile:

I make the same process that with the 1.3 version. Theses buggs are totally new (freeze just before the end - around 95% / 99% ). The processor (i9) is about 30% for realitycapture so it seems to be in action but nothing change and for example, the message says “ending in 25 secondes” during hours.

So, i redo the process to the begining. Sometime, the process go the end whithout any trouble and sometime it failt. I delete all the cache and retry. But it is not change the result.

Another new bugg is the the message : “a depth-map for filtering is corrupted”. I work with the same style of photos with the same camera and the same process. I had never this message on the 1.3 version.

So, i must retry my process 2, 3 or more times to have a chance to succeed.

Hi, can you try to use Version 1 under MESH MODEL/Create Model/Settings/Advanced?

Hi Otrhan.

This is my actual process below:

1. i import my photos with the input button of the workflow tab
  2. I go the the tab alignement and launch the alignment with align images button
  3. i go to mesh model tab and press “normal detail” button to launch the reconstruction.
    I have no controls points.
    Current project : 600 images X 20 megapixels each