[FREE] Timelines for components: float, vector and linear color

Hello everyone,

Like many people, I encountered a major problem while developing on Unreal Engine. I couldn’t access the timelines in the components and none of the alternatives suited my needs. As a result, I developed a macro library that allows you to use timelines in components and I wanted to share it with you because it’s very likely that you or other people need an alternative like this.

You can download this pack on Itch.io.

This pack adds a macro library that allows you to use timelines in any of your components. You can use them for floats, vectors and linear colors with ease. Unlike classic timelines, you have to create your own curves that will make your values evolve.

FEATURES

• Macro library that allows the use of float, vector and linear color timelines for all types of components
  • An output node called “Paused” when the timeline is paused
  • You can loop the timeline or change its play rate
  • One macro library with 3 macros inside (FloatTimeline, VectorTimeline and ColorTimeline)
  • This pack includes only macros, they are quite usable in multiplayer or not
  • All platforms are supported
  • This plug-in is compatible with Unreal Engine 4.25, 4.26 and 4.27 but should also work well on older versions of the engine
  • There is no documentation for this package. However, if you need support with this pack you can join our Discord server and ask us your questions or contact us on our e-mail address

Notes
the current version of the plugin is 4.26. If your engine indicates that you cannot use the plugin for your project because it is not in the same version as your engine, you can modify the following line of code in the “TimelinesForComponents.uplugin” file: “EngineVersion”: “4.x.0” put the version of your choice in place of the “x” and save the file.

Enjoy!
Venalith

4 Likes

UPDATED FOR UNREAL ENGINE 5! NOW SUPPORT WIDGETS.

1 Like

Thanks for the plugin. Can you please fix these errors for UE4.27.(2)? This was difficult to install/use/cant save assets.

1. “TimelinesForComponents.uplugin” has an error at line 16. Missing comma? (I added one.)

2. I installed the plugin by putting it in the Plugins folder of my Project, instead of my UE4 engine folder for Plugins. But when I load, I get Project file out of date.

• [Is this because in “TimelinesForComponents.uplugin”, I originally put “EngineVersion”: “4.x.0” as “4.27.2” (which I have) instead of “4.27.0”?
    2 why is it saying Project out of date

• I had to reload the engine 3 times, I put it back to “4.27.0” but still get the error. I finally clicked Update. But now I have another problem:]

1. I added your Timeline in my component, and now the engine wont let me save my Component asset???
  • “Can’t save … Graph is linked to external private object(s)”
    3 cant save
  1. How can I use [Set Playback Position Node]? I need the features in the green boxes.
    4 need the features in green
  • … [Im transferring code from Char BP, which had a Timeline, and that Node which sets its new Point in time to go to).
  • So the “New Position 0.5” means go to point (0.5, 1) of the curve (X, Y). So for your asset, I made/assigned a Float curve with 2 points: (0, 0) to (0.5, 1).
  • But now I dont have the [Set Playback Position Node] to Reference/Set your Timeline component that is in my Component Actor.]
  1. Also how do we Set the LENGTH (the seconds/X axis) of your Timeline?
  • I need the length to be 1 sec, and another 0.5 secs. Or does the X value of the Curve that we make, determine the LENGTH that your Timeline asset uses?
    5 curve with X goes to 0.5 across, Y goes to 1 high.

Can you please fix? Thank you.