[Free] Simple Road Tool

Well, or models?

The models are in the Blend file. Youā€™ll have to open it via blender. I placed some example meshes in different layers as well as some information how you should build your meshes.
Only the textures are missing, but any tile-able ā€œstreetā€ texture is suitable for the meshes (They have UVs). :slight_smile:

Oh! Thank you so much :rolleyes:

Youā€™ll be the first to know! :slight_smile: Thanks. Iā€™ll be sure to show people this thread.

Iā€™ll be making videos about how to program something in C++ when youā€™re new to unreal and/or C++. I figured a road tool might be very beneficial to the community.
Iā€™ll be using the blueprint as sort of a design document, and the models iā€™ll be using just as visual content for the video, which wonā€™t be included in github repository.

i am interested in that tutorials , so let me know too when itā€™s done :slight_smile:

You know whoā€™s amazing? Youā€™re amazing bro! thx so much!
Iā€™ll try to donate As soon as I can :smiley:

I am struggling here so hopefully someone can help out. Whenever I drop my roads in, they are rotated 90 degrees. Is there a way to rotate the mesh built in to correct this?

It doesnā€™t seem to be spawning new actors when I run the blutility. The Socket Array appears to be empty. Any ideas?

At the moment you will have to rotate your mesh. The road hast to go down the X-Axis. Otherwise the single spline-meshs will be rotated 90 degree in the wrong direction. Have a look at the example Blender files.

Do you added sockets to your End-Mesh? Like shown in the video at 11:04. The Bluetility only cycles through all the mesh sockets and adds a new road actor at their location/rotation.

Thanks I missed that part. :slight_smile:

I havenā€™t downloaded this yet, plan to this week, but is the tool with meshes and textures already implemented and functioning just as seen in the video available for purchase on CGTRADER? I looked but didnā€™t see it on your page.

This looks really good. Thank you so much for sharing!

Thanks!!! Iā€™ll going to testing it. Interesting to create roads, bridges, rivers, railroads, tubes, etc. using splines.

Very nice tool!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks for sharing this. Do you have any plans for continued development of this? I hope this could be a replacement for the paid Road Tool plugin as it seems to have been abandoned. I would gladly pay for this if you decide to continue develop it. :slight_smile:

Just downloaded and made a quick testā€¦All i can say is THANK YOU for sharing this really nice BP :slight_smile:

Pretty awesome tool so far but I have a question.

How do you setup your cross sections for sockets to be used with this? I made the cross sections geometry and can add them no problem. When I go in and use the bluetility to AddEnd it doesnā€™t do anything. Iā€™m assuming that Iā€™m not doing something in the blueprint and see no reference to setting that up.

Edit> Nevermind. I thought the socket setup would be done in the blueprint itself and not the geometry. Once I did that it worked like a charm. I need more coffee apparently.

From Where i can download this blueprint i am unable to find download link and attached file link is just blank text: http://prntscr.com/ephsfl

Thank you. One thing Iā€™m missing while testing - U use the ā€œMarkingMeshā€ for displaying the Landscape Marks. Which one can/should we use for that? Can you provide yours?
Can you explain a little about the landscape feature - I donā€™t get it working at all (except for getting the heightmap adjusted to my road) - but how to use the other landscape parameters.
=> ok figgured out you need to fill in the makeArray in your LandscapeTransform Funtion. Works - but chance is really high to F+Up your hole Landscape :slight_smile: Saving a lot is your friend.
While playing around I get it nearly always messed up everything when using ā€œAlign to surfaceā€ and need to reload the complete map to fix it.

Is it ok four you if I ā€œforkā€ this one? Iā€™d like to work on some parts, cleanup the BP, and add things like Road Bend/Roll and Width. Do you still continue workin gon this? Than Iā€™d put my version in a post of this thread, if not Iā€™d create a new forum thread and link to this one if your fine with that.