Free Plugin: Refresh All Nodes

any support for Unreal Engine 5.1?

Oh sorry… yeah UE 5.1 made a few Slate/Editor API changes and deprecations that messed up compilation. I fixed those. Unfortunately, you can no longer use the latest RefreshAllNodes version with previous UE releases- but if you need to use it with UE 5.0 or earlier, then older versions of RefreshAllNodes like v1.4 should work just fine.

The new release is available over on github:

2 Likes

Thank you very much <3

@NachoMonkey2 You are an absolute savior!

I don’t see the plugin in marketplace any more.

@dathtp Oh sorry, I’ve just re-added the download link. The forum system must have disappeared the link, it was there.

RefreshAllNodes is not on the UE Marketplace; you can get it on GitHub:

You may need to compile the plugin yourself, but if you prefer there are some pre-compiled bundles in the Releases section.

2 Likes

Thank you a lot, I fixed my issue. :blush:

1 Like

:star: :star2: :star: Thank you so much everybody for 100 stars on GitHub! :star: :star2: :star:

3 Likes

I never refresh my nodes because the default implementation usually breaks pins instead attempting a restore. This can go unnoticed when the error is gone. Does your implementation deal with this problem? Example situations are the “Bad Cast” node which needs to be replaced, or an output pin of an object connecting to a property (blueprint setter) going invalid when the pointer type changed, while the correct type is displayed right above it. Similar issues are very problematic with enums which are used a lot on animation blueprints. They either revert to byte or break entirely.

My implementation is based on the default “Refresh all nodes” function that can be run from the BP Editor File menu. I have noticed those issues you mentioned, indeed often it just breaks the node connections. It’s unfortunate. I imagine it might be a tall task to write a tool to automatically fix some of the gnarly BP errors that can arise in UE, especially the ones related to CPP integration.

This plugin is little more than a way to batch execute the built-in refreshing functionality. Though I did add the ability for it to compile the blueprints it’s refreshing, and that way it can bring up compile errors. … I do wonder if I should add an option to not refresh the blueprints but to only compile them, if that would be helpful. Haha, that would be a little silly given the name of the plugin. :smile:

3 Likes

You’re so interesting. “It’s easy to do,” so explain how. I have version 1.2, which is for version 4.27, does not let me run the project on engine version 4.27. And I do not know how to do what you wrote, for in gamedev I am new only.
Error

In short, I solved the problem. I just had to move the plugin in the plugins folder of the engine to the plugins folder of the project, after which the engine itself will offer to recompile everything and now everything works. Thank you very much for such a useful plugin. Thanks to it I now have many problems disappeared.

I’m glad it helps. You are correct in installing the plugin in your project’s Plugins folder. Since you are able to compile the plugin yourself, I recommend you use this release.
That’s the latest version of RefreshAllNodes that supports UE 4.27. It adds a helpful popup message and will highlight errors in the BPs- some of my favorite features. :wink:

(It says “for UE 5.0”, but that’s just referring to the compiled binaries with it. It will compile on 4.27)

Will there be a 5.3 version?

There is already;

I want to ask if this plugin works well with widgets too? Because it keeps giving an error when I add anything to my save file, as I am keep loading it tons of file to get saved data from it, so it makes things hard for me to refresh all files one by one and most of them are widgets.

By default, RefreshAllNodes will refresh WidgetBlueprints. You can see which blueprints were refreshed by looking for the LogRefreshAllNodes lines in the Output Log.

Thanks for the great plugin. It just saves your nerves)

Very useful thanks a lot