"Free Game" not free in the Store (as advertised in the epic promotion email).

So today I read the Epic monthly (?) promotion email, and it said the game “What remains of Edith Finch” is free on the Epic Games Store, until late today (until 11:59PM EST on January 24).

I open the launcher, go to the store, click on Edith Finch and all I see is a button to pay 19.99 Euros. No option to get the game for free at all.

Seriously Epic, I am not angry that I can’t get a free game, but this makes you look either incompetent or shady. If I was new to Epic, I would just think “okay they are liars, never coming back again”.

When did you receive that e-mail? “Late today” might mean in eastern USA, and now it’s already past midnight with a few hours.

It says “What Remains of Edith Finch is available for free on the Epic Games store until 11:59PM EST on January 24.”, so I am still in the timeframe (it’s 05:02 AM EST as of right now).
I changed my initial post and included that.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We had the wrong date set in the system but this has been fixed. The game is now still free through the end of today (Thursday) (EST).

Sweet this would be a good time to check it out.