i have been working on a survival game the past months.
Im really happy about my work so far and now it would be time to invest into it…
So i thought about putting some stuff on the marketplace but then it feels like its not worth the money and i would feel bad about it.
So im going to put an example project online, free to use (or more free to learn) which contains:
- Build system
- Interacting system including a way for request the interacting
- Some building examples including 3d Widget for Hitpoint bars
- Basic inventory system (needed for the subjects)
- Basic craft system
- Hotbar to quick use the items
(Its more about the Building system itself but we need to have a basic setup first)
What do i want to achieve?
- I have not seen a lot of tutorials about this kind of stuff and i want to show one way of doing these things
- Create a “table” where we can talk about ideas for “new buildings” and features (if people are interested in it)
- Help others to create something fantastic
- Learn something new myself (in case someone has better ways/ideas)
This is a large topic, im not too sure if i would recommend it to “new” Unreal or coding people.
I tried my best to comment stuff out and wrote a small textdocument that might help.
Its my first time to “publish” something with explanation, hopefully its not too bad (for now).
If you have any questions feel free to ask, or point something out that i should improve/change to make it more clear.
It is (yet) not multiplayer compatible, it should be fairly easy to implement since i made the events/variables for it but i dont know if im going to do that.
Less time and not being an “expert” on this subject.
Last Updated: 26.04.2016
Buildings im planing on doing:
***- Power Generator who consumes items to produce “power”
- Consuming “power” buildings (for example a coldstore which stops the dacay of food? Or a wall thats under electricity and causes damage)***
- Solar Panel that gives power at day and stops at night
- Plants that grow and can be harvested (maybe not because my 3D Objects look like i butchered them)
If someone is interested in this im going to update this project.
I hope i did not forget something…
Anyway any thoughts?