' Free Books, Projects and Tutorials!

Thanks , Awesome book for beginner.

Cheers :slight_smile: I hope you liked it!

is wonderful! Greatly help people with an interest to learn to use Blueprints. thx :wink:

Thanks! I hope to inspire others to do the same thing!

I was just quickly scanning over your tutorials. You cover some fun topics which I am sure the beginners will pick up quickly.

A quick correction and so the beginners don’t come back to you later with question.

On page 71 when your discussing HUD creation.

You should not use Get Player Character!

You should use Get Owning Player Controller -> Get Controlled Pawn

Shoot! What an oversight, I’ll correct that asap. Thanks!

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!

[FONT=Arial Black]A Few Updates

Just to keep everyone in the loop:

• My Friend Bruno has been working on his own video tutorial on the Spritesheet tutorials from within the book, Link to be posted soon!

• I’m now a part of “UnrealDevs” and will be posting all my work over there (Don’t worry, I will link when a new book is uploaded (Still free!)

• I’m hard at work on Super Distro and thus Book #2 has been delayed slightly, but don’t worry it’s still coming!

What Exactly Is UnrealDevs I hear you ask?

UnrealDevs is a network dedicated to experienced game developers. Whether you come from Unreal or other game engines, the UnrealDev network allows you to develop along-side other experienced community members. Follow UnrealDevs on Twitter for all the latest information andcheck out website for Community Showcases, Portfolios Tutorials and more!

Be sure to also check out the UnrealDev’s Youtube channel for some AMAZING videos in regards to Game Development and Unreal Engine 4!

Thanks for the 10,000+ views everyone! I hope I have inspired some of you to create tutorials to help others!

Peace out! :slight_smile:

• S

Wow what a tremendous contribution. Thank you! As an amateur, these kinds of tutorials are like finding treasure. Wish I found thread sooner than today. I look forward to your series. Thank you for your selfless gift. It obviously takes hours and hours not only to figure out BP’s for yourself, but to organize them in a way others can learn from.

Wonderful contribution, you have beaten the pro tutorial sites to the punch on one. Only discovered it today, will update my list on the other thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Been waiting for thank you!

Thanks for the lovely words everyone! :slight_smile: More to come soon! Be sure to check out UnrealDev’sas I’ll be homing them all there exclusively in the future :slight_smile:

You do understand that the site, “UnrealDevs”, is an invite only, professional only site? Meaning, most of the people that will benefit from your books and tutorials will no longer have access to them if you only post there.

Hey there TKfore21, Scott Baker , one of the Co-Founders and web developers at Unrealdevs, to let you know - a future post will clarify all information regarding the website. But the Unrealdevs website is made to allow people to join the community, tutorial sections and news sections will be available to the public. is because we are committed to helping the community reach higher grounds, and education in Unreal Engine 4 is key.

Hope clarifies,
Scott ‘’ Baker,
Co-Founder of Unrealdevs.

^ What he said!

I wouldn’t ever put these free books behind a paywall or restrict who can view them, the reason they’re becoming a part of UnrealDevs is because their site and initiative is beyond awesome and I totally support them 100%! Having the books on there will hopefully show people just how awesome the site is! :>

That’s good to know, because the comment, “For reason, the Unrealdevs community will be invitation-only, subject to portfolio”, make’s it look like it’s the opposite. Hopefully your future post will help.

Thank youuuu

You’re welcome! :smiley:

Good note, the website will be updated with further details and a better explanation for the requirements of entry.