A simple rig for the UE4 mannequin character for blender 2.8

Features:
Foot IK
Hand IK
Finger rotation constraints

You can download it at the link below:

2 Likes

Hi DoubleP90,

First off - thanks for making this! I’ve been searching for a completed Blender rig that’s compatible with the stock skeleton for ages now with little success so this was a great find.

That being said, are there any particular import/export settings I should be using to get this to work? I’ve tried exporting animations with both the built-in Blender 2.8 FBX exporter and BleuRaven’s ‘Blender for Unreal Engine’ addon (GitHub - xavier150/Blender-For-UnrealEngine-Addons: I have created this addons for export asset from B) on various settings but each time I try to apply the animation to the existing Unreal skeleton in-engine it gives me bone transform errors and imports incorrectly.

I’m not much of an animator, so I’m sure I’m doing something wrong on my end, but even just exporting a few unmodified frames of the bind pose ends up looking like this:

Hello friend. I’m here 5 years later to ask if the export worked.

Hi, if I remember correctly the mesh that gets exported is gonna be different from the mannequin in unreal, I think I messed up the import at the time, or maybe it’s the control bones that get in the way, so you’d need to retarget unfortunately.

For future reference to import skeletal meshes into blender you need a world scale in blender of 0.01 and import the mesh with the default settings.

When exporting you need to select the mesh (just 1 LOD per export) and the skeleton, then use export selection with “add leaf bones disabled”

I’ll see if I get time I might redo this with the UE5 mannequin someday, although now using control rig and sequencer is probably the preferred option for animating stuff

hey, i used a time machine to tell you, this might work