[FREE] ArduinoKit - Cross Platform Arduino Plugin for UE4

Still same problm failed :frowning: whats wrong with open !!

i reboot my pc and i tried to read the float variable,it works, but when i disconnect the arduino and connect it again the read failed

Hey i closed the UE4 launcher and i tried again to send variable,it works, but when disconnect the arduino and connect it again the read failed so u should close your project and run it again !!any solution for this problem

Heyyy, for UE 4.12.5 users u can use this Plugin for arduino Serial communication !!! check this link below
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ceJtyIRIf0a3RDQWdBOU56Zkk

enjoyyyyy :smiley: !!

Yeap, but if you force a close before you try to open again after you disconnected and connected again you dont need to restart the editor. I will check this bug during weekend! Thanks!

Cheers!

Yes! UE4duino is a very nice alternative, the thing is that I needed something that works in a Mac OSX too :slight_smile:

I’m also planning on making a stacking system for the incoming data from arduino and not only the last string, that is the way UE4duino works and didn’t work for me.

Cheers!

Hello @brownoo

The plugin if you read the data and works very well, but still regard being had the same problem of packaging …

You can not package the project with Windows 10 x64

hey, SO how can i force close can you give me an example ?

Capture.PNG

If I do this, I always connect fine to my arduino… even after a disconnect/connect.

I hope it works there.

Cheers

it works thnx :wink: !! for the plugin i uploaded how can i fix the problem with packaging ?

I’m glad that it worked =)

I don’t know… I dont use it… I’m sorry.

But I will try to find some free time during the weekend to improve the reading process of my plugin… so it can read strings in a much simpler way. :wink:

All the best :wink: !!

Hi developers

You did a great job creating this plugin for Arduino
I have experimented with two different plugin. UE4Duino and ArduinoKit.
Working with Windows 10 x64 and Unreal Engine 4.12.5
Both plugin work very well …
-------------- But none can be packaged ----------------

It would be ideal if these plugin will work in full !!
Maybe someone can develop a plugin that can be packaged. ???

I would have the knowledge to help them solve this once and for all, but my talent is 3D art…

Just updated the code in the repo!

Info:

• The Read Text Node pops the last string that was read from arduino. If node is found, it will return a blank string.

• The Get All Available Texts Node will return the whole stack of strings that was read from arduino. The last one is the most recent. After you call this node, the stack is cleared.

• All strings sent from arduino **must **have the ending character “/n” or use Serial.println () instead of Serial.print().

• The Open Node now tries to close any previously opened connection.

• The Open Node have a new input parameter that is the size of the stack that will hold all strings read from arduino. If it is filled, it will discard the oldest one and push the new one on the top of the stack.

Updated Nodes:

Check out the new version! =)

I can pack all my projects using ArduinoKit… they are all C++ projects tho. I will check it out using a Blueprint only project.

Thanks for the feedback

EDIT:

I just tested in a Blueprint Only project and it packed successfully. Did you remove the other plugins? Make sure you have only ArduinoKit installed. Or try in a new project.

Cheers

Hello @danielvmacedo

well, it works, and I can read well and compile data …

You are a genious

I have a concern on tests … I’m doing, the states are not read at each reading frame … skip … reading is not fluent, it is not continuous …

I am doing something wrong ??

a85d11858fed4da2b7e7cac58565aa355d4e8cb7.jpeg50293605a464401caae2625ff925b866b7faf88b.jpeg

Thanks!! Im glad that it worked! :wink:

You have to check if the string length is bigger than 0 before printing! If you read and nothing is there, it will return an empty string.

I hope it will help!

Nice :D, for the the readText node is not continuous u can fix it :wink: !!
Cheers

Well … I can already solve the jump frame …

I can also package the game

I found a mistake.

When the project run packaging … after a few minutes get an error… this crash

I’m not sure if this is the plugin … but not had this problem before