[FREE] AdColony, AppLovin, Chartboost, UnityAds, Vungle, Sharing, OneSignal, Facebook, Everyplay

I have some logcat calls commented out in the plugin already, but were more to help find the correct folder where the screenshot is saved.

Did you change any project settings on Android SDK and android settings?

Make an empty project and add only the plugin and tweak the project settings.

One thing that might causing it, might be the need for a file provider, although UE4 saves the file into external storage, so i think there is no need.

I have already done some work for it but is is commented out in the APL file.

You can try to implement it yourself but you might have to teak the file_paths.xml file and check few lines in the APL file:

//Uri uri = FileProvider.getUriForFile(this, "com.PandoraEntertainmentLtd.RisingBirds.fileprovider", picFile); //File provider
      //Log.debug("UriName is" + "/" + uri.toString());

and then how you share the uri with the intent.

*I forgot, remove comments from

<!--<provider 
      android:name="android.support.v4.content.FileProvider"
      android:authorities="com.MyCompany.MyGame.fileprovider"
      android:exported="false"
      android:grantUriPermissions="true">
       <meta-data
        android:name="android.support.FILE_PROVIDER_PATHS"
        android:resource="@xml/file_paths"/> 
      </provider>-->

Both “com.PandoraEntertainmentLtd.RisingBirds.fileprovider”, com.MyCompany.MyGame.fileprovider should be :

com.yourcompany.yourgame.fileprovider.

The Sharing plugin:https://github.com/PandoraEntertainment/Sharing, was updated, fixing an issue with proguard. You can now use the sharing functions properly in distribution builds.

Makis, thank you so much for sharing these. I have been looking for a Vungle plugin specifically for a while. However, when I put in my Engine/Plugins directory (or Project/Plugins dir) to include it in my 4.13.2 project, I get this error on start up: “Missing or incompatible modules in Vungle plugin - would you like to disable it? You will no longer be able to open any assets created using it.”

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Create a new Blueprint Project.

Then open it and add a c++ class. Save it and close the editor.

At your project folder add the Plugins Folder as usual and past the Vungle plugin.

Then right click on your project and generate visual studio solution.

Open visual studio and build project.

Then Open project with Unreal editor and build for android.

If you are working already in a project, delete intermediate, build, saved folders in the project directory, and binaries intermediate folders, in the plugin directory.

Add a c++ class.

At your project folder add the Plugins Folder as usual and past the Vungle plugin.

Then generate visual studio solution open it and build with visual studio.

Then open with Unreal Editor and package for android.

You can try 4.14 too, but don’t forget the first time you open your project, you have to manually enable plugins from the editor then restart and then package for android.

Maki, thank you again! These instructions worked perfectly. Much appreciated! :smiley:

You are welcome. If you find any other issue please post about it so we can try to solve it.

Hello.I’m working on a project using your plug-in.
However, one problem occurred during use.
A problem arose when attempting to build a project using a " Facebook SDK " that was uploaded.

UnrealBuildTool: [crunch]9-patch image ~\Android\APK\JavaLibs\Facebook-4.18.0\res\drawable-mdpi-v4\abc_btn_switch_to_on_mtrl_00012.9.png malformed.
UnrealBuildTool: [crunch] No marked region found along edge.

These logs are numerous, and they’re not packaged.

I’d like to get your help.
Thank you very much.

Hello Develophong. I uploaded the Facebook plugin last Friday.

I was about making a post here, later in the day, how to setup sdk and what restrictions it has.

Although i never saw that one. Try setting minimum sdk version to 21 and and NDK API LEVEL at Android SDK settings to 23 and check if it is working.

Thank you Makis.
I set it up, but …
As a result, the same error occurs.

4a6f7994115a4a092f430a9e859b5824957a3116.jpeg

e7cdabac75b2e7ce469360fb986be8bcfd1a9c8f.jpeg

Which Unreal engine version are you using by the way?

You can try renaming the files you getting errors.

For example for : [crunch]9-patch image ~\Android\APK\JavaLibs\Facebook-4.18.0\res\drawable-mdpi-v4\abc_btn_switch_to_on_mtrl_00012.9.png malformed.

Unzip the Facebook-4.18.aar file, find the file abc_btn_switch_to_on_mtrl_00012.9 rename it to abc_btn_switch_to_on_mtrl_00012.png(or maybe abc_btn_switch_to_on_mtrl_00012) or save it again with an image editor, then add to a zip file with .aar extension all the folders inside Facebook-4.18 and then replace the original Facebook-4.18.aar file in the plugin directory.

For a test do this for the first 1-2 files you are getting this error. If you see you are not getting it anymore then do it for the rest. And then from there see if you get any other kind of errors or you can package successfully the game.

AAR files are giving me lot of trouble but i don’t remember to have seen this one.

I solved the problem with your help.
Thank you very much.

You are welcome. I will add further instructions about the Facebook sdk, later in the day or tomorrow.

I have added instructions about the Facebook Plugin. Check the second post of this thread. I also created a thread in the Android forum section:https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?134365-Plugin-FREE-Facebook-for-Android.

I will upload OneSignal Plugin the next days too.

I have added OneSignal Plugin too:https://github.com/PandoraEntertainment.

For now you can send Push Notifications from the OneSignal’s dashboard. With time i might add sending notifications programmatically.

Check second post of this thread for instructions on configuring the plugin.

Wow, just thanks !

I’m just starting investigating UE4 for Indie developments, and maybe I will never use your plugins, but thank you anyway to provide the community such tools for free !
Keep up the good work !

You are welcome, this kind of functionality is essential for most mobile games. Unless you can make something like in the top 50 of Apple, Google charts and have millions to advertise too and monetize it only with in-app.
(Yeah i know… flappy bird did this, crossy road did that…the rule is we will make far more less revenue than those exceptions.)

But still those games they use social networks like Facebook, notifications etc.

But i understand Unreal Engine is more oriented to PC, Console, VR development. To be honest i would prefer too, but with the hardware/budget i have, it is impossible to work on my PC game right now.

Hi Makis,

Thanks for offering the free plugins. Been testing the ads plugins for few days.

On my device, found out that when i manually close the game and restart the game. Game will crash with following error log:
“Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) code 1, fault addr 0x0 in tid 21601 (VungleAsyncClie)”

Test ads of Vungle play perfectly though. Any mistake done by me?

Hello Yewshong,

I remember with Vungle i had some crashes when restarting application. If i uninstalled the game or clear the UE4 folder the game was working. I will look it again and see what i can find.

Try deletingyour game folder in the UE4 folder on your file manager and see if it is working?

Can you tell me your device and Android version you are testing it?

And can you try it to another device?

I gave a look again at Vungle Plugin.

You can change the following code to prevent crashing when application restarting.:

@Override
      public void onAdPlayableChanged(boolean isAdPlayable) {
      // Called when ad playability changes.

//Log.debug("Vungle.onAdPlayableChanged");
      final boolean enabled = isAdPlayable;
      nativeVungleonAdPlayableChanged(enabled);
      }

to:

@Override
      public void onAdPlayableChanged(boolean isAdPlayable) {

//Log.debug("Vungle.onAdPlayableChanged");
      final boolean enabled = isAdPlayable;
      runOnUiThread(new Runnable() {
				@Override
				public void run() {
					nativeVungleonAdPlayableChanged(enabled);
          Log.debug("Vungle.onAdPlayableChanged");
				}
      });
      //nativeVungleonAdPlayableChanged(enabled);
      }

The first time the sdk is initialized you won’t get the ad playable event to fire up but you can check if an ad is available wiht the vungle_HasRewardedVideo node. After first ad the event works as expected.

Give it a try and tell me if it is working that way. I could restart the game in my device without crashing and showing test ads without problems.

The error happens with the listener calling the native function. Maybe you might add a timer and add vungle listeners after few seconds and/or on create. I haven’t tried it.

Great job you do here, i will wait for some iOS features also :slight_smile: