Fraps Persistent Dialog

Bug Report:

Details:

Version: 1623704

Install Path: C:\users\Markus\Rocket\

Specs: Win7, 16GB, Graphics Card: GTX580, UAC on

Bugs:

If I have FRAPs running in the background (even if I’m not using it!), Rocket keeps sending me constant prompts about fraps causing d3d11 to crash and to use Microsoft Expression Encoder. This happens either when I first open Rocket, or every time I open the game in PC mode. Gets really irritating to continually receive this notice from the binary. Maybe receive it once and then have an option to disable it?

I just wanted to let you know that I’m also using Fraps a lot, but just for knowing my FPS and taking screenshots, not for recording videos. I would expect a global setting (you prompt the dialog once when launching the Editor for the first time) and then letting the user to skip it forever.

This a bit annoying especially since you can’t display the FPS in the viewport without enabling the real-time rendering, while Fraps can display the FPS all the time (but I see that you can have this information by looking in the title bar however).

Thanks for the report Markus. Warning about it once seems reasonable, I’ve entered a TTP to implement that.

Hello Markus,

Thank you so much for your reports! In order to make sure that these issues are addressed by the right people, could you please separate them into individual reports? We are very interested in these, but until they are separated, it would cause confusion with tracking the answers and reports. Thank you for your understanding.

• Alexander

Oh hey sorry about that. I just thought that if I separated them all, you guys would be overwhelmed with all this stuff cluttering up your forums. I’ll fix the suggestions one as well. Again sorry for the inconvenience!

Okay, I’ve gone ahead and made this into a single bug, and I’ll report the others separately as requested. Sorry again for the trouble!

Any news on this? Still occuring on 4.7.4!

I would also like the dialog removed

It’s the end of October 2015, and the untouched editor still gives a Fraps-related warning on every startup. More importantly, the editor won’t even start loading until you press OK on the warning message. It just stays at 0% and only begins the initialization afterward.

One of our computers passively runs Fraps 24/7 and never had any unique crashing problems that could be traced to Fraps simply running in background, so can you please finally add a “don’t remind me” type of option to disable the annoying pop-up by default?

P.S. The warning’s code is located in …\Source\Runtime\RHI\Private\Windows\WindowsDynamicRHI.cpp, lines 55-58 and 70-73.