Fractals in UE4

Twisting tests

[attach=config]131555[/attach]

[attach=config]131556[/attach]

This is really cool reminds me of when I used to play with FractInt which has been around forever

Thanks!
Today I’m ending the VolumeTrapSphere concept…here the 1st part where a single V mesh branch creahses into a VolumeTrapSphere (red info text topleft in the image).
I’m actually working on 2nd part which will consist in wrapping the sphere with many V mesh branches to create a volume sphere that will be empty inside.
934f71c081257229f19121caeefababd73c19411.jpeg

This is really awesome. This could be used for some awesome level generating. Like for a race game or something.

Thanks, I really appreciate your interest.
Yes, a racing game could also be an idea! Consider that you can basically put everything on a single V-mesh…fire, smoke, a cave, a room, add moving actors, add bprint logics, etc…anything is on each single Vmesh is a single level streaming scene.
Actually I’m still working on the wrapping algorithm…need more wrapping natural effect here…for the moment I’m testing just one branch colliding and wrapping around a trapsphere positioned along the branch path.
Need to generate a 360° wrapping effect with more branches around the trapsphere.

Man simply amazing, beautiful work. I love psychedelic images specially fractal generated ones.
I wish to learn more about it, could you point me out some books or other references ?

Thanks! I don’t have books, I like to generate fractals and one of the best free programs to do it is Mandelbulb3D (http://mandelbulb.com/)…there you will find everything. From Mandelbulb generated images I got the inspiration to re-create a real solid fractal into Unreal Engine…something to play with in a game mode.
In these days I had to re-built all the UE4 fractal logic because complexity was increasing too much. Now I manage each mesh in a better and simple way.
WIll put new videos & demo soon!

I’m back with new cubic fractals scenario, using 4K materials and new dynamic mesh destructions bprint.
Here the pics, tomorrow the video:
the scenario seems caotic (that’s the intention) and is composed by 4 huge fractals spiral branches…on each branch are instanced only cubes.
Preparing the demo to be played: player will have time freeze power to jump into destructions, fire explosions and be able to fly through space.

daf372e4e10e0b6127434a8d83d0a45c26ea5c96.jpeg

978396e588d21c049e78e1158126c5eb79bb6fe2.jpeg

6b39f145b7a79f555aae9c5f5c745cdcf094dcf7.jpeg
729c3b789faa808c6f46e7b595c5d0f3143092b5.jpeg

this is wonderful. you are wonderful.

DESTRUCTION REVERSE + TIME FREEZE

Wow too much! :slight_smile:

Actually I haven’t found any time reverse destructions around the net…so I tried to do it myself. :slight_smile:

Hey VerumBit,

Mandelbulb explorer here as well, any way I can get your contact details?

Hi,
Sure, write me here verumbit@gmail.com

This remind me of this…

Looks fantastic!! Seems like exactly what I was looking for (Destructible Items which spawn collectible items - please advise - Content Creation - Unreal Engine Forums). Any progress on this?

Thinking to myself: Fractal Generation would make for interesting monsters in MonstaMASH. Keep up the Amazing work!

Here 5 demo videos of the blueprint code I’ve completed and will put on the marketplace by next week.
The bprint let’s you select any kind of mesh as level 0 of a fractal tree, decide how to join this mesh with other similar meshes of the tree and then rotate & scale the full tree simultaneously which creates an interesting torsion effect.
Tree can be binary (1mother-2children) but also 1m-1c as a snake shape, 1m-3c (tree fingers up), 1m-4c (4 fingers up).
The bprint is easy to use and many kind of shapes can be created…it’s up to your imagination and creativity in choosing a mesh and joining it with others in any possible scaled torsion and rotations.
Here 5 videos I published in the last 4 days:

- YouTube UE4 Photogrammetry rocks on fractal binary trees landscape - YouTube
- YouTube
UE4 Eiffel Tower made with 4 fractals and 1 mesh - YouTube - YouTube

New video for the marketplace:

Very psychedelic! I’m interested, these look like powerful tools you got there. Any chance for making these multiplayer capable perhaps? Just wondering!