Fps game camera problem

hello, I’m trying to give the third-person character a fps camera angle, but strange things happen to the character :slight_smile: the character has difficulty even walking.

Problem Video

UE5

Greetings @AquaNemar !

We warmly welcome you the Unreal Engine community! :medal_sports:

Just so you’re aware, I’ve had to move this topic from the Showcase - Game Development forum to the Character & Animation forum. I’ve added the optional tags “question” and “third-person” for you. The Showcase - Game Development forum is more so for game devs to show off their projects.

Just remember, when posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Wishing you the best of luck in resolving your FPS camera angle issue,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @AquaNemar! Welcome to the forums!

There could be a few things going wrong here.

• Would you mind sharing screenshots of your character blueprint?
  • Where is the camera located?
  • What are your field of view settings?
  • How are you controlling your camera?

Any additional specifics or information you can provide may go a long way in solving your problem!

2 Likes

I think that might be enough.

I’m using the character model that came when I opened the Thirdperson project ‘Quinn’

Hey @AquaNemar,

I see you are still using the camera boom(spring arm) which could be causing problems… Have you tried setting up your camera to more closely match the first person template?

Also, check out this handy forum thread using a similar method to what you have:

I hope the above helps point you in the direction you need!