FPS drop when many camera taets

Hello there! This is my issue… I have created a material based camera system. Let me explain. You click a button and a material on a cube changes. I have 22 cameras. Each of the outputs is set to 16x16pixels. The fps without them is 45-60. With them, fps is 5. My question is. Is it possible to render camera outputs to a widget? Or is there any other way to make a camera that is interactive in the game world (You press a button on a real switcher and the camera changes…)
Thank you in advance

I’m not sure I understand if you trying to fix your FPS or create a widget?

If you just want to know how to put an in-world scene into a widget, I believe that can be done with render targets. Here is a video that does something similar: How to render a 3D Model in UMG || Blueprints || UE4 TUTORIALS - YouTube

If you are trying to find out why your FPS is low, you can try using the console command stat unit and see which numbers are red.

OK, found a “way” to make this work…

1. I was using 2K textures for walls… So I made that 640x640
  2. I deactivate all scene components 2D before use and I activate only the one that is on the display

Framerate is BETTER but not good… I’ll try to make it work, but I think the problem might be the same…

Yeah, I knew that. But is there a way that does not include the camera target to material to texture/image? Because if you have more than 5 of these targets, the fps starts to drop. And since I have 22 cameras, the framerate is down to 5…

Let me rephrase it a bit more clearly… I have 22 cameras with a 2D image capture component. They each output to a material named CAM1, CAM2, …

If I switch a button on a table, the material switches to the corresponding camera material. That is the camera system…

But I have a lot of these materials rendering at the same time… Is there a way, to stop the rendering of a material when not using it? Like I want to render a camera target that is active. And when it is not active, it does not render… Do you get me ? …

Also, I baked lights so now the performance is A OK! Thank you for your help tho :smiley: