Forum UI could be better

Since my post https://support.capturingreality.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001450492-Forum-improvements-newest-posts did not receive any attention, I want to try and start a new discussion.

We’ve been using the forum since a while now, so I think we all have a good enough feel for it.

My evaluation is that it is not ideal. Too many clicks, too much scrolling, too little information.

I understand that the bootstrap trend is hard to ignore. Bootstrap is ideal for use with tablets and mobile phones, but I bet all of the regulars here have a huge screen on a desktop PC. Also, this forum here is about the technical intricacies and not a fly-by social media event.

Maybe it’s just me but I am starting to get really tired of it. I want to be able to see more with less effort and be able to use proper search parameters, as indicated in the linked thread.

What do you guys think?

+1

Seem to remember several typical-forum useability facilites were lost. Retrograde.

For example date/time/username of most recent post, which you could go to in one click.

Too much useless white space everywhere, makes the big picture hard to see. Less at-a-glance intuitive, harder mentally, stressful.

+1