Forum last-post date not showing "x minutes ago"

Not sure if something changed or I’m just remembering wrong, but didn’t the date on the forum show “x Minutes/hours ago” when the post was made? Doesn’t seem to be doing that for me anymore.

They have changed it: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?2709-Please-add-*real*-datetime-to-forum-posts :wink:

Oh, pity there isn’t an user option for it. I might be able to get away with hot-loading a script that will do it for me. Thanks for pointing it out.

Why would you need it? You can see the exact time and date and easily calculate how many hours or days back it was. :slight_smile:

That’s not that “easy” if you get confused by the not-very-commonly used date format of MDY dates and 12-hour time. For instance, in GMT (0) the dates are shown as:

#3: 04-22-2014, 12:26 PM
#4: 04-22-2014, 09:29 PM

If you are used to 24-hour times, you’ll get confused.
If the days are from 1-12, you might also mistake the date and the month.

There is no option to change that. For that problem, the old “X minutes ago” feature was better. I always prefer the most logic format sorting which allows alphanumeric sorting:
YYYY MM DD hh mm ss

I agree, preferred the old way.

If anything, my problem with it is that reading the new time stamps just takes more time.