Forum "Blog" Section?

Well IndieDB, ModDB, Desura, FPSBanana/GameBanana, & Polycount among other platforms offer a lot of that functionality suggested, so perhaps Epic Games can either learn and adapt based off those communities to build their own service (unlikely) or create a partnership with one or a couple of those websites to to create a dedicated sub-section on their website for UE4 Developers (more likely), though a lot of those websites listed have some basic form of that already in place.

Although Crytek had the right idea back before Crydev.net was converted to cryengine.com, where they offered you the tools to create both teams and projects linked to those teams (similar to Steam Greenlight pages) which offered A LOT of the functionality mentioned above BUT the problem that Crytek came to realise is that a lot of the projects and teams listed on Crydev.net were either dead, badly organised an/or pretty much SPAM/Troll focused.

However I feel with the UE4 Community, Moderators & Epic Games staff will factor into making such a service’s (if implemented) outcome different to that of Crytek’s

P.S. Just don’t add in the DRM system they had back on CryENGINE 3 project(s) & Crydev.net teams requiring you to have an active Internet connection to open your project and yes I know Epic Games is totally against DRM polices such as these or for DRM in general but I figured I’d mention it anyway as an example of such a system could go wrong.

Don’t get me wrong, it was handy for keeping your project secure, as only those apart of your Crydev.net team could open it if you so chose to set it up that way BUT if Crydev.net was to ever go offline than you were pretty much SCREWED ;(

I get what you’re saying, I’m just not sure if they’ll partner up.

I’d love to just have a personal developer’s page on here or even just a more-glorified profile page.

~

Exactly! That’s all we really need.

I’m actually a bit surprised this isn’t a thing yet.

I’ve never worked with Vbulletin though so I’m not sure if it’s a difficult task or not.

That be said I’d be happy to learn Vbulletin just so we can have it.

~

I signed up… it goes no further… so I see nothing there.

There was a plugin for vBulletin to add Blogs, and I know there is a bridge to connect Wordpress blogs as well.

I kinda like the idea, as I am working on a wiki tutorial, but it is a PITA because wiki is a PITA. I am blogging the same stuff on my site, so duplicating it in the WIKI. I just think the wiki doesn’t get as much traffic as it should, and it’s a bit more of a pain to drill down to stuff you are looking for sometimes.

As a matter of fact, www.rcgroups.com runs vBulletin as well and has forums AND blogs, so users can blog about their own things, you can follow those blogs, comment on them, etc, and a main blog page shows the newest blog entries, as well as links to popular ones. It is a good setup. I suggest someone from Epic take a look at that site.

Let’s hope they will!

I’d really like to see something like this.

You just made me realize, the forum doesn’t even have a designated tutorial section (for user-made tutorials).

~