Fortnite Ecosystem v28.20 with Known Issues

The Fortnite Ecosystem v28.20 update is here! Check out the new island settings and two new Creative island templates, Vehicle Domination and Linked Lake. You’ll also find a new Verse Stand-Up project template for UEFN. This template will show you how to create a comedy club using the new Chair and Input Trigger devices.

All nine core moddable weapons are available in the creative content browser under the new Moddable category and you’ll also find four Mythics! The Modded Weapon Case Gallery contains three weapon cases that spawn pre-modded weapons. You’ll also find new Prefabs & Galleries and more new consumables and weapons.

The new Analytics device for Creative and UEFN adds the ability to gather information about player behavior on your island to evaluate the number of times they interact with various gameplay elements and trigger events.

Bug fixes for Creative, UEFN, and Verse can be found in our documentation on the Epic Developer Community site.

Read more on the blog at Fortnite Ecosystem v28.20 and be sure to check out the bug fixes over at the Epic Developer community at 28.20 Release Notes.

3 Likes

We’re looking into an issue where some UEFN islands may be timing out or crashing at the end of rounds. We’ll let you know when we have more information.

3 Likes

When do you think this issue will be resolved? Most of the rounds maps are getting stuck after the first round!

There was an issue in our last update (v28.10) that caused thumbnails to be incorrectly regenerated.

This issue has been fixed in today’s update. (v28.20) Thank you for your patience while we worked through this!

Thank you. I also think the issue had something to do with looping through players constantly to check for certain items. That was my work around. I stopped that loop completely and it works fine now.

Is this related to the Round crash bug? Can you provide more information? I am getting issue on my Map, and am trying to replicate the bug on a simpler Map setup to isolate the issue.

So far I try adding verse PlayerUI HUD and async function that loop every 1 seconds, still works fine on a simpler Map (doesn’t crash and proceed to the next round fine). What logic precisely did you have that crash the Map?

edit: workaround by disabled the end round scoreboard UI in the IslandSetting