Forest Path in Unreal Engine 5

Hi! This is my latest artwork in Unreal engine 5. I really wanted to test my skills with Unreal engine Lumen GI and Nanite. I have followed Wiktor Öhman tutorial on creating realistic forest in UE4. Hope you like this.

10 Likes

Greetings @Shivendra211 !

Thank you for sharing your latest project with us! The forest looks beautiful and serene, yet mysterious and potentially foreboding. What was the most rewarding aspect of using Lumen/Nanite in this project? Is this your first time using Lumen/Nanite? If not, how did using them in this project differ from your others?

3 Likes

Hi! Thanks a lot. I always want to get into real-time content creation and Unreal was the best option as it is powerful and capable to create photorealistic large environment. With Lumen I don’t have to wait for a single image to render, everything is real-time and the results were right front of me. The scene contains very high detailed megascans assets like rocks and tree stump which could have made my viewport slow but with nanite I can add as much assets I want without improvising with the performance. I started learning unreal last year, I’ve used Nanite/Lumen before but this was the first I created a detailed environment. Epic tutorials and community helped a lot in getting started with Unreal. I’m still learning and hope to create more environments.

3 Likes

That is really beautiful, man! Very realistic.

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

You’re very welcome! It certainly shows that you have learned a lot during your year of experience with UE. We eagerly look forward to your future projects!

2 Likes

This is beautiful, fantastic work!

1 Like

My first ever Unreal project was following this exact tutorial. Mine ended up looking far far far worse than I would have liked. You’ve done a bang-up job though! :slight_smile:

1 Like