Forced to click before testing

Whenever I’m in the editor and I try to test a level I am forced to left click in order to take control of the camera or player character, and if its the FPS template that initial click makes me shoot the gun unnecessarily. I see videos where others don’t have to do this and I cant find a setting to stop it. Am I missing something or is that a problem with my version of unreal engine?

Try this:

i can not say thank you enough times! i have been told by so many so called “professionals” that it was a fault with my version of unreal engine and have uninstalled and reinstalled it like 3 times within the past month. again thank you for being such a huge help.

initial click makes me shoot the gun
unnecessarily.

There’s also this:

If you captured the mouse without including the initial mouse down (so just Capture Permanently), it shouldn’t register the very first click.

Could be preferable as you may wish to set things up before testing - like bringing up debuggers / widget reflectors and / or any other windows that might be hanging around without the game stealing focus straightaway.