Force Release Key

I was wondering, is there a way to force the player to release a key ? (e.g., “W” is pressed, basically I want the player to have to click “W” again for the behavior to continue) would be easy enough if there was a “bIsForwardPressed”, we would simply set it to false, but I can’t seem to find it.

There is the key release event. The rest is just writing some simple logic around that, right?

Not sure honestly, I can think of a way but its very hacky and unclean, a simple bool and some logic could resolve it, but I was looking for a cleaner solution

Hmm, I see. I’m not sure what’s so messy about a simple variable that checks if a key has been released. Then you can do whatever happens on pressed once the first time, set the variable to false, on released set it to true and off you go.

Was trying to avoid having to modify the base input binding, oh well, perhaps UE4 allows for double input binding (binding the same key for two different events),will try it

Hey,

i know this is a Blueprint Screenshot, but i don’t have a c++ Project ready to test at the moment.

Don’t you search for something like this?

There are a few more:

This should be available through the controller class in c++ too, since it’s the base PC BP :X