Force population of an input text field.

Hey all,

first-time user here so forgive me if I don’t put this post in the right spot. I was wondering if there’s any way to force the text being entered into an input field. It’s a funky request but I want an input field to type the same thing every event construct.

I need to record a sequence on the computer with the same thing being typed over and over no matter what keyboard input is given. So even if the keyboard only gets a ‘j’ key inout, the text field would still display “Hello World”

Hopefully one of the brilliant minds out there finds me!!

:slight_smile:

Any Key

need to record a sequence on the computer with the same thing being typed over and over no matter what keyboard input is given. So even if the keyboard only gets a ‘j’ key inout, the text field would still display “Hello World”

Is this typed out letter-by-letter or do you want full text to appear immediately even though only a single key was pressed?

As letter-by-letter would make more sense in this context, it could look like this:

The Sequence + Do Once oddity is necessary so the Editable Text does not recursively retrigger its own event when fed text explicitly.

1 Like

Simplified it:

I realized “On Text Changed” only fires when the text is actually “changed”, so all you have to do is set the current text to the target text up to the length of the current text.