Force impulse doesn't work correctly on constrained physics objects

Hi there!

I have a Radial Force Actor setup with no force, just a big-enough force impulse.
The blast is effecting a physically constrained object. The configuration of the physics constraint: locked in all directions/angles, no soft limits, breakable at a small force.

The result is the physics constraint is broken (which is correct), but the rest of the big-enough force impulse vanishes (which is wrong). I believe the rest of the force impulse (not “consumed” to break the constraint) should be still applied to the physical object and accelerate it away from it’s original position.
This can be now only achieved either by firing two consequtive force impulses or applying a force for a long enough period of time - note the force needs to be active at least 0.06 sec to work as expected otherwise no matter what the force is the behavior is the same as with a single force impulse).

Both these workarounds are not good enough especially when working with a scene where just a part of physics objects are constrained.

Thank you for looking into this!

Hi woodoo81,

Thank you for the feedback. I was able to reproduce this issue and have submitted it to our developers for review. If its not considered a bug by the team, I will suggest it as a feature request.

Thanks, TJ

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

any solution?