For some reason I cant separate the keyboard and first gamepad for my character for local co-op

Using Unreal Engine 5.1 for some reason the Skip Assigning Gamepad to Player 1 option does not work. I want to make it so one player can use keyboard and the other player uses the first gamepad connected. Is there any way to work around this?

Hey there @ArticFX! Welcome to the community! So it does in fact seem that this setting is currently bugged. I successfully replicated the issue on my end for 5.03 and 5.1 it seems.

Off the top of my head, since player controllers intercept input calls, any workaround is likely to be a bit of a hack in the sense that you could force the first player to have only keyboard inputs but it would also “consume” the inputs for the first gamepad connected even if it’s not using them.

1 Like

it’s most likely reported in UE-173306

Ahhh fantastic, I saw the name on that one and didn’t register that being about the Skip Assigning Gamepad to Player 1 button. Looks like it’s a regression bug, but at least it’s known.