for Pyro Particle Pack and related effect requests

hi folks! here. I made the Pyro Particle Texture Pack on the Marketplace. - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…exture-pack-v1

Most of the questions I have for this product are made in the product page comments. Unfortunately page owners don’t seem to get notifications when posts are made there, so a lot of questions are answered very late, if at all. I’m setting this page up as a place to use for questions or requests, this way I get a very helpful email notification that something was posted. :slight_smile:

So there you have it. If you have a technical or other question about the elements in the pack, ask away.

OR

If you have a request for something in particular (please be reasonable!), I would be happy to help out.

cheers and thanks for the support on the product!

hello all. I was asked a while back if it was possible to make a flame thrower with this pack, so here’s a sample -

hi @anon8361221

so two things -

1 - if you have the effect in the previous example, then you’ll also have a mobile folder with a much smaller version. If it’s still too big then you’ll need to scale it down to the size you want.
2 - i need to stress that this a texture pack for vfx, it’s not a vfx pack. The particle systems supplied are there simply as guidance and examples. I’ve supplied with this pack, more than enough elements to get anyone started on using the textures, materials & shaders. If you need to scale down the supplied fx, you can do so either via blueprints or by making a copy of the particle systems supplied and modifying the emitters as you need.

I hope that helps you out.

Hey, i have the problem that the particles disappear if the player or camera is going close to it. I tried changing the bounds but that didnt work. What should i do?

Edit: Everythings fine now. Floggins showed me how to fix it^^

Hey, when I try to add the pack to a project, it seems to be missing a lot of assets required, including master materials, the example map, and all the references in the particle systems are broken. I’ve tried deleting local content, re-adding to a project, creating a new project, etc- none of it seems to work. I’m using engine version 4.18.

Edit: Fixed in latest version for 4.19 at time of writing. Thanks, @Floggins!

hi @doomfest . I’m really sorry for that. there seems to be a problem with the latest update / upload that I did. I’m looking into it as we speak.

It looks like Epic may have changed the way we update our marketplace products (and for the better, i might add… i just wasn’t aware of it). I think it should be fixed now.

btw - for the lastest updates, for the time being, you’ll need to be running v.4.19. I’m trying to have epic merge the updates into the old pack, but that may not be as easy as it seems because it will cause issues with really old versions. I’ll keep you posted with updates.

Hi,

Is there a way to turn off the smoke for the fire?

Thanks,

Jeremy

hi Jeremy, yes. just disable the smoke emitters in the particle systems.

Thank you! That worked great.

Another question if I may… Is there a way to make the fire less opaque? Basically more transparent?

Thanks again.

yes. you just need to play with the alpha in the particle settings.

Can I make my own Sprite sheet and substitute it with yours? I need very specific fx and I have to build my own spritesheet, but I like your particles as I can see in your pics and youtube video.

Hello @Floggins . I just bought your Pyro Particle pack few days back. Unfortunately, I myself am relatively new to Unreal Engine 4. Still wading through youtube and all the net for tuts. My question is is there a documentation on how to use your pack? I saw your pyro showcase demonstration video and it looks awesome. I have installed the pack. Dragged and drop some fires from the blueprint folder and particle folder into the scene and I can see some real time fires. but those are just about 6 flames/fires in total and I guess its a just a demo included? Because there is this particle/textures pack with lots of flame patterns and pics inside. if those are the vx/vfx that I need to use I hope you can point me to the right direction or youtube video on how to utilize them?
Thanks in advance!

Hey there! Embarrassing question, but how do I properly set the scale of the fire? (i.e., to make the fire smaller) When I scale the X,Y,Z in the details panel, it breaks the look of everything.

hey there! it’s not a dumb question at all. and sorry for the late reply. I never get notifications for posts here. :frowning:

Keep in mind that this is primarily a texture pack. The emitters are there to help you get started & see real-world examples of how they can be used. it you want to scale you’ll need to either use the smaller versions, which are properly scaled versions as opposed to the epically huge “main” ones. Or you’ll need to make new ones.

Generally speaking, particle systems don’t really scale well. There’s way too much to take into account. emitter shape scale, particle scale, speed, particle count, etc. These are all things that are not relative to each other, so applying a general scale would mostly not work… unless it was by just a little amount. if you have a question on one in particular, just let me know, and I’ll help how I can.

hey there! so yes, that’s correct. those are examples. you can duplicate those, rip them apart and change up the properties to make what you like after. As is written in the description, it’s a texture pack with examples. it’s not meant to be an all-in-one particle systems pack. Do you need something in particular? I can guide you to change up the ones that come in the pack to help out.

hey. im not really sure what you mean. as in - take certain frames and make a new sheet from them? I don’t know how deep the eula goes, but as far as I know, you can do what you like, so long as you don’t resell the texture as your own… that would be piracy. :slight_smile:

If that texture sheets don’t work with your setup but and you need to modify them, I don’t see that as being an issue.