Hi guys, I am Alex. In my free time I learning UE4, making my first game – For Olga – story-driven single player first/third-person adventure action RPG in my own universe.
[TABLE=“align: center, border: 0, cellpadding: 0, width: 100%”]
**Story Trailer** https://youtube.com/watch?v=j4Pg0UPj7Ks **Gameplay Trailer**
I am a programmer, not an artist so I took models from the web. Maybe eventually I will make my own. Level design, game design, AI programming, and all game mechanics I create by myself. I have never worked with visual scripting system, Blueprint was my first experience and it is really fun.
The **features **I have right now and what I want to make (gray): 1. Locations:
[INDENT=2]1) *Breezehome *– first location, a lonely place among the northern mountains.
2) *Fields *– large location: wide field, village, river, old castle. There will be two variation of this location.
3) *Gorge *– linear passageway between first and second location. In question.[/INDENT]
[INDENT=3]• *Erica *– «one brave girl», which was represented in trailers. Controlling her, you are able to: walk, run, jump, crouch, melee, aim and shoot a longbow. According to my story concept, she will not be playable character in the final game.
• *You *– no name male character, can use all Erica`s abilities.[/INDENT]
[INDENT=2]2) Friendly AI:[/INDENT]
[INDENT=3]• Erica – full copy of playable Erica, but controlled by AI. Your companion and storyteller.[/INDENT]
[INDENT=2]3) Neutral AI.
[INDENT=3]• *Knight *– heavy armed warrior, slow, but every hit may be deadliest. Also use his shield to block arrows.
• *Archeress *– fast and quiet lady, use longbow at long range. If you get too close get ready for hard punch.
Game mechanics and gameplay elements:
[INDENT=2]1) Weapon system:[/INDENT]
[INDENT=3]• Longbow, arrows. Now arrows are unlimited. Yeah, realism…
• Melee – punch and kick for girls, sword and axe for boys.[/INDENT]
[INDENT=2]2) Stamina – to limit jog time for player and AI.
- Health. Should player have automatically regenerating health, or use some medicinal plants, or not have regaining at all – that is the question.
- Damage system.
- First/third person camera toggle.[/INDENT]
- Story – concept in my head.
From time to time I will upload results of my work on YouTube and on this topic. It would be interesting to know what you think.