For all Modders please read this is for user support !!!

so with the new total conversion coming out around the 13

the red icon will be for total conversion mod (don’t stack between them, maybe they will not need a clean save themself)

then Overhaul. (will stack with a total conversion but will still need clean save and could be losing change when stacking with other mod)

then Clean. (will stack with any other mod, still don’t need a clean save.)

we just need to regroup actual red and yellow in one. the total conversion will override vanilla file, the overhaul will redirect core feature using remap array, and the clean will just add new content.

or something like that no?

I like this idea.

I have a question. Being new to modding Ark, It’s not clear to me what constitutes core mods. If I add a new structure variant, and add the engram for it in the primalgamedata, putting it somewhere in the middle of the engram list, changing the position of the rest of the vanilla engrams that follow it, does that conflict with another mod that adds another engram in the same slot?

MechanizedIT Not only does that conflict with another mod doing that as well, it will conflict with core game updates, If you change that it’s an overhaul, even if you just change 1 thing because you think it’s too heavy.

Don’t worry where your engrams are, or make a TC Mod and inform people that it doesn’t stack, because you are Overhauling X, Y or Z.

Either make a TC, Warn a player it’s an Overhaul and what array you are changing that won’t work with core game updates, Or use the Additional Arrays.

Ok, got it, thanks for the clarification.

What about adding the items to the mater item list so that admins can spawn the items? Or is there another way for Admins to spawn the items?

What about my Titanoboa mod that remaps the vanilla Boa to the mod one? It doesn’t need a new save in order to use and other items in the mod are additions and don’t overwrite anything. Can I put the green puzzle piece on it?

They can spawn items in from their file-path. Cheat giveitem “Blueprint’\game\mods\yourmod\primalearth\youritem.youritem’” 1 1 false

Adding to my mod good idea.

Nice idea added it to my mod!

Added to my mod too.

Some modders are missing the mark on these icons. If your mod uses Remapping you use Yellow, period. You’re remapping existing classes to your own instead of leaving your own as independent. For example my mod replaces the standing and wall torch engrams, which means it’s yellow. If I left my engrams as just new engrams it would be green. If I changed engrams, player controller, dinos, and a bunch of other things in 1 mod it would be red.