Footage not showing in the metahuman identity solver

Hello everyone.

I am having an issue with the new metahuman plugin. When using the Metahuman identity, I cannot see the footage I got from livelink face app. The video is there as I see the timeline and if I turn on the depth I can see it, but the video doesn’t seem to show up.
The video does show up when I load it in Performance.

Any thoughts? I could still produce a very accurate animation even tho I could not load the teeth pose.

Edit: It does still create an identity for me with no issues. I just can’t see the footage in the identity but otherwise it does show up.

Here is an image

@MR3D_Dev Is there any news about this thing? I have the same problem.
Thanks.

Does this happen in the MetaHuman Performance asset editor as well? As you said that you can produce the animation this seems to be a pure visualisation issue.

Could you try the following steps to see if any will solve the issue for you?

• Click on the B button in the top middle part of the viewport then click back on the A button. This should force a refresh
  • Try to resize the window, this should also force a refresh

If the above steps don’t work, could you right click on the Video track in Sequencer, go to Edit Section and check if you have value assigned to the Media Source and Media Texture properties? I’ve highlighted what you should look for in this image with 1 and 2. There is nothing to do with these values, just to check if they are there and are not set to None

Hi @mcleary ,
I’m having the same problem with the Metahuman Animator, Here’s the issue: when I try to calibrate the MH face using footage within the Metahuman Identity, the pre-recorded iPhone video doesn’t show up. Instead, all I see is a checkered background. I follow the steps in the official MH video exactly, but this happens every time, and I can’t move forward.

I try to click through A and B and try to adjust the window but nothing happens.
I made some screenshots about what you ask. As you can see the media source is empty.
When I would like to set the media texture here there is an error message that the name of the
source file location is longer than 260 characters. Could it be the problem?

What do you think?

Hi @mcleary
I try to assign something to the missing Media Texture but when I choose the original capture data footage the the UE said this file is already exist

When I choose yes replace it I get this

So I can’t use here the same file in the same time.
Probably I do something wrong but I’m totally confused now.

@mcleary btw I tested the shorter source file name and it doesn’t help me out.
this wasn’t the problem.

I believe the screnshot you shared of the Sequencer part is of a Level Sequence. Could you check what you get in the Sequencer inside the MetaHuman Identity Editor?

Also, do you see any messages that standout in the Output Log window when you open your Identity?

The long file name could actually be an issue so this gives some hints of what do test. Unfortunatelly you didn’t solve your problem by shortening the path but this might be an indication of something else happening

Hi, I re installed 5.2 and it got fixed. Not really sure what is going on.

1 Like

@MR3D_Dev That’s it. This helped. Thank you.
@mcleary Thanks for your help, but it looks like the re-install solved this issue.
Now it’s ok.

1 Like

same problem here.

we have a black video screen after import, and the video track and data track is not showing.

but the files show up in the explorer.

running 5.2.1.

and there is no way to roll back to 5.2.

did anyone address this issue?

I recommend engine re install clean from scratch. That fixed it for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

i set up a blank project. it´s fixed. it´s magic. :blush:
thx!

Im having the same issue now when deadline is closing in :cry: Suddenly everything just turn black for all my video identities even though it can still track markers and stuff

Thought I’d chime in here… Same problem for me. Running UE 5.3, blank screen when creating a MetaHuman Identity and selecting my footgae.

Same problem. Tried re-installing engine. Black screen in Metahuman Identity window, but it seems to trace the features. So the video is there.