Foliage jumping into random directions after landscape edits?

Basically, while working on a map for ASA (this didn’t happen to me in the ASE devkit) I’m working on foliage. I’m placing cliffs/rocks and then adding trees, etc to those. The usual.

Well, when I go to edit landscape mode and say, smooth terrain somewhere, even if it’s very far from the foliage placed down earlier, random pieces of foliage pop into random pitches or are thrown randomly across the map, leaving floating objects that were originally painted onto it.

I’ve asked this around discords and other places meant to help but have so far been ignored, so I worry no one has a clue what this is, but I’m pretty desperate since it has destroyed hours and hours of progress.

Notes:
-I’ve tried deleting those objects and just placing new ones there but it’s like those spots wont accept anything and no matter what rocks I place, they popcorn after going into landscape anywhere on the entire map.
-It’s usually always rocks and so far has never been trees/plants/grass. It will be large platform rocks or something of that nature.
-It’s not every object of the same type that does it. I can have three flat cliff rocks in a row but for example, only one of them with jump into a random pitch and location.
-I feel confident this is possibly a bug since hitting undo does nothing as well. The only fix is to reload and hope an auto save didn’t lock it in. But even on reloading, the issue will persist as soon as I edit any landscape.
-Placing different objects in the offending areas leads to it happening to those new objects too. It’s like those particular spots are cursed to have this issue once it happens.

Any ideas would help greatly, though I do hope it’s me just missing a setting or something