I built this Foliage System for my own game http://justusgame.com and I’ve converted it into a standalone foliage harvesting system.
It is built for Multiplayer
- Replaces a Foliage Instance with a Blueprint that you can interact with
- Performance friendly, only interacts with selected foliage instance
- Works with Foliage Placement tool & Procedural foliage volumes
- Supports respawning foliage instances
Useful when combined with a crafting/inventory system that enables you to harvest resources. The Foliage System now also supports re-spawning Foliage Instances in the same location it was harvested in.
Support requests: http://eeldev.com/
Interactive Foliage has been updated to version 1.3
The update has been sent to Epic, not yet processed
- Now supports respawning of harvested foliage, this can be configured on/off and you also have a setting on how often foliage should respawn, this feature respawns the old instance with the same scale, rotation and location (transform).
- Added settings to DT_Resources datatable to set which resources that should simulate physics
- Added a setting in DT_Resources to apply impulse on depletion (useful to make trees tip over)
- Added a function to find a resource actor in your level in case the resource actor reference in the struct array is invalid (useful if you want to save/load)
- Disabled movement replication on BP_MasterResource to save on bandwidth when simulating physics, physics will be handled locally on the clients
- Added a function to make sure an instance actor is valid, possibly eliminating dedicated server crash, needs more testing
This update is NOT compatible with any old version of the Interactive Foliage, it has a lot of changes and improvements in both blueprints & structs, a complete update is required!
REGARDING DEDICATED SERVERS
If you are using dedicated servers, there is currently an Engine issue where the array of Instance Meshes is being nullified because the meshes are not considered rendered in some cases.
There is a quick and simple fix for this, take a look at this post: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que…ounds-353.html