Folder structure for RC projects

Hello,

I am starting my journey in the RC and already followed a few tutorials online. It is quite a learning curve especially having no previous 3D modeling experience. With the main focus on the drone mapping and basic 3D modeling, I would like to organize my folder structure in a “right” way. Unfortunately, I could not find any info on this matter online. Any suggestions/links to a proper folder structure for RC projects so they do not end up everywhere in my PC? So far I have seen only one main project file when I am working on something. Are there any other places where files are saved? If so, can I control where they are saved? I would like to keep everything on a separate drive in a dedicated project folder. Also, what if I move my images from the original folder, will I be able to link the new location? Not sure how it works.

Another question: is there a good guide on how to use the forum? I find it a little difficult to search for things.

Hello @mykola_strata
This article could be a good start, there are mentioned the used folders by RealityCApture: https://dev.epicgames.com/community/learning/knowledge-base/jwOO/capturing-reality-files-stored-by-realitycapture
So, mostly are used the folders where the project is saved and folders for temp files. Also, folders with the data.
It is recommended not to use external hard disks for your projects.
You can set the temp file also to a wanted place in the application settings:
When you’ll move images you will be asked to find the actual position during the project opening. You can also rewrite this path in the rcproj file (you can open it in Notepad and change the path there).
In the Forum I am using Advanced search
where I have set the wanted tags and what and where I want to find it:

1 Like