Fog Question Exponential Height

I looking to add fog, looked at the tutorial and it says

• Open Unreal Engine and go to the Place Actors section.*
  • Select the visual effects tab.*
  • Look for the Exponential Height Fog actor and drag it into the level you are working on.*
  • With the Exponential Height Fog actor selected, scroll down in the details menu until you find the Volumetric Fog option.*
  • Set the Volumetric Fog checkbox to true to enable volumetric fog.*

Problem is i don’t have Exponential Height Fog in my list? Actor> Place Actor > I have Lights, Primitives and Custom Actor but nothing saying fog?

Ok worked it out, click on the cube at top > Visual Effects > Exponential Height.

Actually not Solved :frowning:
Add the Exponential Height to the level, can see icon, click it to change setting but nothing happens? Watched a few clips and read the tutorial, change fog density does nothing

Any ideas whats going on? Yes i ticked Velumetric Fog

Still cant get it working. No fog is showing

volumatic fog ticked
visible ticked
fog density up higher
set graphic to Epic
?
anyone know why it’s not showing up on screen? 5.3.2

Hey there @2DNED! Sounds like you’ve done everything to enable the fog. So let’s just do a quick test to make sure it’s not just hidden due to editor. Create a light of your choice, have a solid angle, turn up their volumetric scattering to 4 and maybe increase their intensity a bit. Then hit G to see game view. If this works, it’s likely your viewport has fog disabled.

UnrealEditor_2024-04-21_17-53-23

Thank you for reply, Fog is enabled (ticked) i tried turning it off as well as Atf F to see if it was working or any difference

ok i just installed a new project Basic setup for TPS
Did same, add fog, adjust setting, make sure fog it on in viewpoint and nothing…

Im using 5.3.2 is there a plugin i have missed or something, seems strange when such a simple process.

Solved, turns out it already must have a fog in there, delete the one i added, find the default one and change that and all is good.

You can’t have 2 fogs on the level or conflict, that seems to be my issue i had 2 in scene.

1 Like