FMenuBuilder::AddSubMenu, merging submenus on the content browser?

I want to add a single submenu to the content browser holding multiple submenus of my own plugins depending on which are active.

So in each plugin, I run a block of code to add its menu entry using

FMenuBuilder::AddSubMenu

which creates a new submenu, using the ExtensionHook “Plugins”. I expected that all my menus would now be merged inside a single “Plugins” submenu, however the engine created multiple separate “Plugins” submenus.

Why isn’t the ExtensionHook properly working for SubMenus? *Same problem with Sections. The only ExtensionHook which does seem to work properly is on the FExtender::AddMenuExtension, since the menus show up under “Common”.

Image of the issue:
FMenuBuilder

Bump

Bump

bump

bump

Just bumping this once in a while, it’s not an everyday question but I’m sure one of the engine programmers might have a quick solution.

a.

:up:

:arrow_heading_up:

:previous_track_button:

Solved it myself…
ExtensionHook is not meant to be used like this:

Plugin 1:
CommonAsset > PluginSection > Plugin 1
Plugin 2:
CommonAsset > PluginSection > Plugin 2

Instead it should be used directly for plugin 2, also skipping the creation methods for submenus (since a submenu can use the extensionhook as well) so no merging is required.

Plugin 1:
CommonAsset > PluginSection > Plugin 1
Plugin 2:
PluginSection > Plugin 2

You have to check for a extensionhooks existence first or if it does not exist your menu entry might not show up and nothing about it will be logged.