Flying character velocity is auto-decreasing

Hey, so i want to make a flying character for a horizontal shoot em up. The speed of the character is supposed to be the same, and the ship itself should be able to move inside the screen bounds.

I can not seem to figure this out. Currently I have the following character set up:

Problem: The character movement → Velocity keeps decreasing. I set the velocity to 1500 at the event begin play, and from there on it just keeps decreasing. Why is that?

Thanks in advance.

I’m no expert at this. But just a moment ago I was investigating flight along path. Came across this, sounds exactly like your problem.

Thanks for your awnser, although this does not directly help me with my problem of decreasing velocity this looks useful for creating flying AI. Which I will also have to do :smiley:

I will check the content from the flying template. Maybe that helps ;).

I fixed it by setting the velocity of my character movement component every tick. This is not optimal i guess, but works. The Camera has a steady velocity now, and I use “add local offset” on my mesh to make the mesh move in relation to the camera etc.

Cheers

The CharacterMovement object has a value “Character Movement: Flying” → “Braking Deceleration Flying”, make sure it’s set to 0, otherwise that’s the problem you’re encountering.

But that does not work.
It’ll always decelerate somewhat even if i set it to 0. :frowning:

Hi, I would suggest using projectile movement, instead of character movement. Do set the projectile gravity scale to 0 thou if you want to try it.

okay i know a little late but…
i like to help any one who has the same problem…
to disable this decrease in velocity u need to set LinearDamping parameter to 0 in physics part
and if u are in cpp u can use UPrimitiveComponent::SetLinearDamping function to do that