Fly through help

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the place to ask but I need some help on how to save/render my camera animation. I have asked for help in the archviz section with some kind and helpful chaps giving me tips but still I am struggling to get to where I want to be. I set up my camera in matinee with key frames etc and plays well in the cam view window. How do I render it out as an AVI or what ever other file in order to add it to a project say in sony vegas. Here’s an example of what I need Unreal Engine 4 - Realistic Render Matinee Test 02 - YouTube

Any help would be great and appreciated

Regards

Hi Geogess,

To record the Matinee as an AVI you’ll want to open the Matinee and in the toolbar on the far right you’ll go to the button for “Movie”. Here you can set the rendering settings you would like and set the capture type to AVI.

Next you’ll hit the record button to record the Matinee. It will save in your project folder under your “Saved” folder.

Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll help out! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply and help , I’ll let you know how I get on.

Hi , I followed your tips but I think I have done something wrong with my camera even though it moves around the scene as I want it too. When I viewed the AVI file for some reason the camera is out side of the room and doesn’t move even though the AVI plays if that makes sense. Screen attached.

Hi ,

Do you have your matinee setup through the level blueprint to start playing when you press “Play”?

The way I’ve set this up before is by having a Event Begin Play fed to a Set Cinematic Mode fed to a Play Node with the target as my Matinee. This should get you started with it. If you’ve set it up like this can you post a screenshot of your Matinee and a shot of your Level Blueprint that starts the Matinee off?

Thank you!

Hi , Wasn’t aware that I had to setup a blue print as most of the tutorials on line just show the setup in matinee (keyframes etc) I’ll have a search for a few tutorials. Can you point me to any that you recommend please.

Thanks

Actually, Go into your Level and select the Matinee (Should only be one, otherwise you will need to use your Level BP to play all of them in a correct sequence) and once selected in the details panel on the right select the option “Play on Level Load”

Matinee.PNG

Here is our wiki tutorial for setting up the Matinee. At the bottom is how to start it through the Level Blueprint.

Hi , I already did that, nothing happens unfortunately. I can see my 5 sec animation in the preview window but that’s as far as I get.

Just wanted to say thank you to for his help. Top man.

Hi,

Ok, so I mamanged to get my cam animation working withthe help of . So I have a couple of questions. Firstly when I open my AVI it shows that it is 3.9 gbs and over 7 minutes in length when in Matinee it is set to 5 secs. Secondly I get @Lighting needs to be rebuilt (10 unbuilt object(s) )

I also end up on the outside of the scene with in the editor and can’t seem to go in, as if there is a force field stopping me :slight_smile: